Dental Admission Circular 2021 : Test Deferred To June 11
Application Process Ongoing, Last Date April 15
First year BDS Course (Dental) Admission Test for academic year 2020-2021 has been deferred to June 11, 2021, says a notice from Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). According to the circular, the admission test was scheduled to be held on May 30.
The authority has taken the decision to delay the admission test due to the existing Covid-19 situation in the country, added the notice. Please see the DGHS notice in the below image :
The first year BDS (Dental) course application process for academic year 2020-2021 begun March 27 and went on till April 15, 2021.
Requirements : Aspiring students need to meet the following conditions to be eligible for application :
1. Having passed SSC or equivalent exams in 2017 or 2018 and HSC or equivalent exams in 2019 or 2020 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
2. Having SSC or equivalent and HSC or its equivalent combined GPA min 9.00.
3. For tribal and non-tribal Hill Tracts candidates, Combined GPA must be min 8.00. But min GPA must be 3.5 in either SSC or HSC.
4. For all level of candidates, GPA in the subject of Biology must be min 3.50.
5. Those who passed SSC or equivalent before the year of 2017 are not eligible for Application.
Test Method : Dental admission test will take place based on 100 marks MCQ Questions. Of the marks, 30 for Biology, 25 for Chemistry, 20 for Physics, 15 for English and 10 for General Knowledge : Bangladesh History & Liberation War.
To note, every negative answer will carry 0.25 mark reduction. And the pass mark in the test is minimum 40.
How To Apply : Interested students need to make application through the below link :
Application Time : Application process has begun from 12 p.m. March 27. And it will continue till 11:59 p.m. April 15.
Admit Card Download : Applicants will be able to download their Admit Cards from April 24 through 26.
Application Fee : The fee for application is Tk. 1000 which needs to be deposited by Teletalk prepaid mobile number.
Admission Test : Dental admission test was scheduled to be held on April 30 from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. But due to the Covid-19 pandemic situation in the country, the test date has been revised to June 11, 2021.