University Admission/Competitive Exam Prep : Current Affairs
There are some questions on current affairs in all types of competitive exams such as University Admission Test, Recruitment exams and so on. In order to help prepare our concerned viewers, we put up here some updates to global happenings.
- Who is new Chief of Bangladesh Air Force?
Ans : Air Marshal Shaikh Abdul Hannan.
2. Who is new Chief of Staff of Bangladesh Army?
Ans : General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed. He has taken office on June 24 as 17th Chief of Army Staff for the next three years, replacing General Aziz Ahmed.
3. Who has won French Open Women’s Singles Championship 2021?
Ans : Barbora Krejcikova (25). She is a professional tennis player of Czech Republic.
4. Where was the G-7 Summit 2021 held?
Ans : Carbis Bay, Cornwall, UK. This year the 47th Summit of the Group of 7 rich nations has taken place from June 10-13.
5. Where is the 47th Copa America 2021, the international men’s football championship organized by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL, being held now?
Ans : Brazil. Ten teams or countries in the continent are taking part in the competition being held from June 13 to July 10.
6. What edition of UEFA Euro 2020 is being held this year?
Ans : 16th Edition in which 24 countries in Europe are participating.
7. Who has won French Open Men’s 2021 Singles Title?
Ans : Novak Djokovic. This is his 19th Grand Slam Trophy overall but only second French Open Trophy.
8. Who is Israel’s new Prime Minister?
Ans : Naftali Bennett (49). He is 13th PM of the country.
9. Where is Dhaka ranked in the Economist Intelligence Unit’s Global Liveability Index 2021?
Ans : 137th among the 140 cities included in the index– fourth worst in the world — with 33.5 points. In 2019, Dhaka ranked 138th, and in 2018, 139th.
10. Which city takes the top spot in the Global Liveability Index 2021 as the most livable city in the world?
Ans : Auckland, a city in New Zealand, overtaking Vienna.
11. Which city has become the worst livable city in the world in the index?
Ans : Damascus, capital of Syria.
12. What’s the name of the brand new space station built by China?
Ans : Tiangong Space Station.
13. Who is International Criminal Court’s top Prosecutor?
Ans : British Barrister Karim Khan (51). He will serve a term of nine years in the job. Karim khan took an oath of the office on June 16, 2021.
14. Which two teams are contesting against each other in the World Test Championship Final 2021?
Ans : India and New Zealand. The final is being held in Southampton, England.
15. What spot has Bangladesh secured in the Global Peace index 2021, made & released by Institute of Economics and Peace, a Sydney-based international research organization?
Ans : 91st out of 163 countries placed in the index released on June 17, 2021. The two most peaceful countries in South Asia are Nepal and Bhutan.
16. Which country is the most peaceful in the world according to the Global Peace Index 2021?
Ans : Iceland. The other top ten countries in the list are New Zealand, Denmark, Portugal, Slovenia, Austria, Switzerland, Ireland, Czech Republic and Canada in chronological order.
17. Which country is the most peaceful in Asia according to the Global Peace Index 2021?
Ans : Singapore.
18. How many Bangladeshi products have so far received Geographical Indication (GI) Certificate?
Ans : Nine (9). All the nine products are Dhakai Muslin, Rajshahi Silk, Dinajpur’s Kalojira & Kataribhog Rice, Sataranji in Ranpur, Sadamati in Vijaypur (Netrokona), Jamdani, Hilsa and Khirsapati Mango of Chapainawabganj.
Of the nine products, six have received the recognition very recently (June 2021). Bangladesh is now the one and only owner of the nine products, said the Department of Patents, Designs and Trademarks (DPDT) official. \
19. Who is set to become Iran’s new President?
Ans : Ebrahim Raisi (60). He is incumbent Chief Justice of Iran.
20. Which date has the USA recently made a National Holiday?
Ans : June 19, known colloquially as Juneteenth, marking the end of slavery in the country. With that, there are now 12 Federal Public Holidays in the USA.
21. Who has been appointed as new Executive Chairman of Bangladesh Economic Zone Authority (BEZA)?
Ans : Sheikh Yosouf Harun (Ret. Secretary).
22. Who have won the ICC World Test Championship 2021 held in Southampton, England?
Ans : New Zealand. This was the first ICC Test Championship which was held between India and New Zealand.
23. Who is current chief of Bangladesh Navy?
Ans : Admiral M Shaheen Iqbal.