Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022-2023 For Master’s Study
Application Deadline 4:30 p.m. BST May 15, 2021
The American Center at U.S. Embassy Dhaka has announced the call for applications for the Fulbright Foreign Student Program 2022-2023. This program provides graduate students and young professionals with an opportunity to pursue a fully funded master’s degree in the United States.
The last date to make application has been extended till June 15 instead of May 15, 2021.
Who Can Apply :
Preferred candidates for the program include Graduate Students, Junior Faculty Members currently working at higher education institutions in Bangladesh, and Junior to Mid-level Employees at Research Organizations, Think Tanks, and NGOs across the Public and Private sectors.
Grant Receiving Fields : Grants will be awarded for Master’s study in the following fields :
1. Education : All aspects of Higher Education Administration / Education Policy, Planning and Management / Curriculum and Instruction.
2. Health and Medical Sciences : Medical Sciences / Public Health.
3. Biological and Physical Sciences : Biology / Chemistry / Physics / Pharmacy.
4. Social Sciences and Humanities : International Relations / Political Science / Sociology / History / Literature / Language and Culture
5. Business : MBA in Human Resource Management / International Business / Operations Management / Healthcare Administration
6. Economics : International Economics / Trade and Finance / Economic Policy / Environmental Economics / Natural Resources Economics
7. Urban Planning : General Planning / Land Use and Environmental Planning / Transportation Systems / Urban Planning / Community Development.
8. Environmental Studies and Disaster Management.
9. Public Administration / Public Policy.
10. Psychology – Clinical / Counseling
11. Security Studies.
Eligibility : Aspirants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for application for the program :
1. Having at least a four-year bachelor’s degree, with an outstanding academic record from an accredited public or private university in Bangladesh.
2. Currently not having a degree from a U.S. university, or be enrolled in a current degree program in the United States.
3. Not holding a master’s degree from any third country (those holding Bangladeshi Master’s degrees are still eligible.)
4. Having at least two years of full-time professional experience relevant to the proposed field of study.
5. Being fluent in English with a minimum iBT TOEFL score of 90 / IELTS 7.0.
6. Being a Bangladeshi citizen residing in Bangladesh at the time of application.
7. Being willing to refund the cost of a return ticket if they return home before completion of the degree.
How To Apply : Interested individuals need to go the following way while applying :
1. Filling up an online application which is available at the below link at https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022.
2. Submitting Academic Transcripts and Certificates from each post-secondary institution attended (Bachelor’s and Master’s).
3. Three Letters of Reference submitted and uploaded by the referees onto the online application portal (Prospective candidates must register their referees through the “Recommender Registration” button on the online application site (https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022.)).
4. Academic Records Information Form (available on the online application site https://apply.iie.org/ffsp2022.).
5. Valid TOEFL / IELTS score.
To note, applicants must follow all application instructions and submission guidelines. Applications that do not meet the eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee. Shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview and the interview will be conducted in English.
Finalists will be notified at the end of July 2021. The program will take place in the USA in August 2022.
Application Deadline : All applications must be submitted by 4:30 p.m. BST June 15, 2021.
Contact : For further information on the Fulbright Foreign Student Program, one can contact Program Manager Ms. Raihana Sultana at 02-5566-2816 or by email at [email protected].
Helpline : If anyone faces any difficulties with navigating the online application, please contact Program Manager Ms. Raihana Sultana at [email protected].
Necessary Link : Interested persons can surf the following website also to get further information on the Fulbright Foreign Students Program 2022-2023 :