ADB–Japan Scholarship Program For Master’s Study In USA
Deadline to apply for the scholarship is this December 1
Applications are being sought from qualified individuals for the Asian Development Bank–Japan Scholarship Program (ADB-JSP) to study master’s level program in the USA.
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is this December 1, 2020. Anyone from member countries of the Asian Development Bank is eligible to apply for the scholarship.
The program provides scholarship to study Master’s degree in ADB-JSP approved fields of study at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM), and for participation in the educational, residential, and leadership development programs at the East-West Center (EWC).
ADB-JSP is a scholarship program established to strengthen human resource capacity in Asian Development Bank developing member countries.
Fields Of Study : The selected candidates will be able to study master’s in the following fields :
1. Business Administration (Global MBA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GMAT (UHM only).
2. Economics (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only).
3. Geography (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only).
4. Natural Resources and Environmental Management (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only)
5. Ocean and Resources Engineering (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only).
6. Oceanography (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only).
7. Pacific Islands Studies (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM).
8. Public Administration (MPA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM).
9. Sociology (MA): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only).
10. Tropical Plant and Soil Sciences (MS): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM); GRE (UHM only).
11. Urban and Regional Planning (MURP): TOEFL or IELTS (EWC and UHM).
Note : The East–West Center is an education and research organization established by the U.S. Congress in 1960 to strengthen relations and understanding among the peoples and nations of Asia, the Pacific, and the United States.
Requirements : Interested and qualified individuals need to demonstrate the below qualities to be eligible for application :
1. Being a citizen and current resident of a developing member country of the Asian Development Bank and not more than 35 years old at the time of application.
2. Having a 4-year bachelor’s degree or the equivalent of a 4-year Bachelor’s degree, at the time of application. (An equivalent could be a 3-year Bachelor’s degree plus a 1-year Master’s degree, or a 2-year bachelor’s degree plus a 2-year Master’s degree. This is subject to review.)
3. Holding at least 2 years of full-time professional work experience after a university degree at the time of application.
4. Taking one of the English proficiency tests; the minimum acceptable scores are 550 for the paper-based TOEFL; 213 for the computer-based TOEFL; and 79-80 for the internet-based TOEFL iBT; or 6.5 for the IELTS. Results must be taken from a test within the past two years.
Application Link : All applications must be made through the official link at https://www.eastwestcenter.org/education/asian-development-bank-japan-scholarship
For further on the scholarship, interested individuals can visit the above official link.