Planet desk | 10 February 2019 | 2:06 am
Bill Gates (actual name William Henry Gates III), born on October 28, 1955 in Seattle, Washington, USA, is the second richest man in the world with wealth worth 96.4 billion Dollar. The American business magnate is best known as the principal founder of Software giant the Microsoft Corporation. Apart from being a billionaire, he is now known as one of the world’s greatest philanthropists and humanitarians as he has donated half of his net fortune via his foundation ‘Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation’ which supports many health, social and education developments among many others.
Despite being one of the top richest men and a heavily successful person, Bill Gates remains selfless and kind to the humanity, wise as well. Below are Bill Gates best 10 quotes that will surely help you succeed in life and make u kind to others.
1. Success is a lousy teacher. It seduces smart people into thinking they can’t lose.
Gates rightly asserted that success is an illusion of the minds of men who are going through a smooth patch in their lives. Success is a fruit sweet enough to bring happiness in your lives, but it can run away from you at the blink of an eye leaving you devastated. Nothing is permanent in life except change.
2. Don’t compare yourself with anyone in this world… if you do so, you are insulting yourself.
Everyone is unique, and they should be proud of it. Being successful is subjective. It is important to be happy with your life.
3. Your most unhappy customers are your greatest source of learning.
A bunch of unhappy customers about the same thing indicates a need of change which facilitates betterment of the company. The same thing applies to our lives.
4. Be nice to nerds (foolish person). Chances are you’ll end up working for one.
Underestimating someone is a bad idea. You never know, he may become superior to you in the days to come.
5. Life is not fair — get used to it!
Life won’t be a smooth ride. Life will be full of rough patches and it is better to accept it rather than being dissatisfied.
6. Patience is a key element of success.
To be successful, you have to be patient in all the times, because opportunity knocks without any notice and only the patient lot will grasp it.
7. It’s fine to celebrate success, but it is more important to heed the lessons of failure.
Success deserves to be celebrated, but failures must not be ignored. If they are ignored, they will show up again in the same form down the timeline.
8. To win big, you sometimes have to take big risks.
Success can never be had sitting idle and taking small steps. You have to take a risk to make it big in life.
9. I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.
It rightly asserts that to be lazy, a person has to be smart because he is getting his work done in an easier manner.
10. If you think your teacher is tough, wait till you get a boss.
This quote aptly distinguishes the nuances of the school and college lives and the problems faced in the professional lives. The latter is staggeringly colossal to the former.
If one wants to be successful in life, he or she has to remain motivated and patient always. Thus success will definitely follow with hard work, proper planning and timely actions.