Cadet College Admission Preparation 2022 : Current Affairs
Current Affairs on Bangladesh & the World is a part of Cadet College Admission Test syllabus. In order to help candidates prepare for the test, we produce regularly all updates on the subject.
So candidates, please keep following us for all the updates on Bangladesh & Global Affairs. See the following QAs :
1. How long is the under-construction Padma Bridge, affectionately called ‘Dream Bridge’ in the country?
Ans : 6.15 Kilometers. Once completed, it will be the longest bridge in Bangladesh.
2. Who has been named Time Magazine’s first-ever ‘Kid of the Year’ this year?
Ans : Gitanjali Rao (15). She is an Indian-American young inventor and scientist who lives in Colorado, USA.
3. Who is Time Magazine’s ‘Person of the Year’ 2020?
Ans : USA President-elect Joe Biden and Vice-President-elect Kamala Harris. Upon oath taking, Biden will be the 46th President and Kamala 49 Vice-President of the USA.
4. Where was the 15th G20 Summit this year held?
Ans : Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia. This year the summit was held virtually due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
5. Who has won the Booker Prize 2020?
Ans : Douglas Stuart. This Scottish-American author, NY based fashion designer as a profession, won the award for his novel ‘Shuggie Bain’. This is his first novel.
6. Who have won Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 tournament?
Ans : Mumbai Indians. This is their 5th IPL title. This year 13th season of the tournament held from September 19 to November 10.
7. Which country in Africa region is Russia building a permanent naval base?
Ans : Sudan.
8. Who is the current foreign minister of New Zealand?
Ans : Nanaia Mahuta. She is the first indigenous female foreign minister of the country.
9. What’s the name of Covid-19 taskforce formed by the Trump Administration?
Ans : Operation Warp Speed.
10. Who is set to become the new USA Secretary of State?
Ans : Antony Blinken (58).
11. Which country has recently (October 2020) legalized ‘Euthanasia’ or assisted suicide for terminally ill people?
Ans : New Zealand.
12. What is the name of unmanned probe that China on November 25 launched to the Moon to collect rocks from the earth’s sole sub-planet?
Ans : Chang’e-5, named after an ancient Chinese Moon Goddess.
13. Who is the new Archbishop of Dhaka?
Ans : Bejoy N D’ Cruize, succeeding Cardinal Patrick D Rozario.
14. What’s the lifespan of Argentine football legend Diego Armando Maradona?
Ans : October 30, 1960 to November 25, 2020.
15. What’s the name of the country that Bangladesh has recently (6 December, 2020) signed a Preferential Trade Agreement with?
Ans : Bhutan.
16. What position has Bangladesh secured in the Global Knowledge Index (GKI) 2020 produced jointly by United Nations Development Programme and Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation in the UAE?
Ans : 112th out of 138 countries. Switzerland tops the index followed by the USA and Finland. This index is published annually since 2017.
17. Which UN Agency has decided to establish an international award in honor of the father of the nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman?
Ans : UNESCO. The name of the prize is ‘UNESCO-Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman International Prize in the field of Creative Economy’.
Attention : Cadet College Admission 2021 Circular Link :
18. Who is the most powerful women in the world now according to Forbes Magazine’s 2020 list?
Ans : German Chancellor Angela Merkel. She takes top spot for 10th time in a row.
19. What spot has Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina secured in the Forbes 100 Most powerful women list 2020?
Ans : 39th.
20. Who is the new chairman of Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC)?
Ans : Shyam Sunder Sikder.
21. Who has won the best men’s Footballer prize at the Best FIFA Football Awards 2020 held in Zurich, Germany?
Ans : Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski (32).
22. Who has won the best women’s footballer Award 2020 by FIFA?
Ans : Manchester City defender Lucy Bronze.
23. Who has been named as the best men’s coach by FIFA the year of 2020?
Ans : Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp. He won the prize for the second successive year now.
24. What position has Bangladesh been ranked in the Human Development Index 2020 made by United Nations Development Programmes (UNDP)?
Ans : 133. 189 countries are placed in the index.
25. Which country has taken the top spot in the UNDP’s Human Development Index 2020?
Ans : Norway. The other top two countries are Ireland (2nd) and Switzerland (3rd).
26. Who has been named as ‘Best Male Player of The Decade’ (2011-2020) by International Cricket Council ICC?
Ans : Virat Kohli. This Indian cricketer has also bagged the ‘Best ODI Player of The Decade’ Award.
27. Which cricketer has bagged the International Cricket Council ‘Best Female Player of The Decade’ award announced on December 28, 2020?
Ans : Ellyse Perry (Australian all rounder).
28. Who has won the ‘Best Test Player of The Decade’ award given by the International Cricket Council?
Ans : Steve Smith (Australian).
29. Who has won ‘Player of the Century Awards’ given by Dubai Globe Soccer Awards 2020?
Ans : Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Who is new Chief of Bangladesh Air Force?
Ans : Air Vice-Marshal Sheikh Abdul Hannan.
- Who is set to become new Chief of Bangladesh Army?
Ans : Lt. General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed.
- Who has won French Open Women’s Singles Championship 2021?
Ans : Barbora Krejcikova (25). She is a professional tennis player of Czech Republic.
- Where was the G-7 Summit 2021 held?
Ans : Carbis Bay, Cornwall, UK. This year the 47th Summit of the Group of 7 rich nations has taken place from June 10-13.
- Where is the 47th Copa America 2021, the international men’s football championship organized by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL, being held?
Ans : Brazil. Ten teams or countries in the continent are taking part in the competition being held from June 13 to July 10.
- What edition of UEFA Euro 2020 is being held this year?
Ans : 16th Edition in which 24 countries in Europe are participating.
- Who has won French Open Men’s 2021 Singles Title?
Ans : Novak Djokovic. This is his 19th Grand Slam Trophy.
Cadet Preparation Aid :
Right and proper guidelines are the key to securing success in any kind of public exams. It is true also when it comes to Cadet College admission test as it is the most challenging public exam in the country. In order to help candidates properly prepare for the cadet admission test, Shahid Cadet Academy, the leading cadet aid institution in the country offering services for over 30 years now, runs multiple aid programs including on-line, off-line preparation class, crash programs, similar model tests and others. During the ongoing covid-19 pandemic, online class has become the sole mode of teaching and learning.
To know more about the available services offered by the academy, admission aspirants and their parents can make calls at the following numbers : 01714-359692, 01913-366755.
Attention : To get Cadet College Admission Test Syllabus, students can check the following Link :