Cadet College Admission Preparation 2022 : Current Affairs
As part of Cadet College Admission Preparation 2022, we put up some questions regarding current affairs around the World. The following question-answers will surely help candidates prepare for the cadet admission test.
1. How long is the under-construction Padma Bridge, affectionately called ‘Dream Bridge’ in the country?
Ans : 6.15 Kilometers. Once completed, it will be the longest bridge in Bangladesh.
2. Who has been named Time Magazine’s first-ever ‘Kid of the Year’ this year?
Ans : Gitanjali Rao (15). She is an Indian-American young inventor and scientist who lives in Colorado, USA.
3. Who is Time Magazine’s ‘Person of the Year’ 2020?
Ans : USA President-elect Joe Biden and Vice-President-elect Kamala Harris. Upon oath taking, Biden will be the 46th President and Kamala 49 Vice-President of the USA.
4. Where was the 15th G20 Summit this year held?
Ans : Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia. This year the summit was held virtually due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
5. Who has won the Booker Prize 2020?
Ans : Douglas Stuart. This Scottish-American author, NY based fashion designer as a profession, won the award for his novel ‘Shuggie Bain’. This is his first novel.
6. Who have won Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 tournament?
Ans : Mumbai Indians. This is their 5th IPL title. This year 13th season of the tournament held from September 19 to November 10.
7. Which country in Africa region is Russia building a permanent naval base?
Ans : Sudan.
8. Who is the current foreign minister of New Zealand?
Ans : Nanaia Mahuta. She is the first indigenous female foreign minister of the country. agario
9. What’s the name of Covid-19 taskforce formed by the Trump Administration?
Ans : Operation Warp Speed.
10. Who is set to become the new USA Secretary of State?
Ans : Antony Blinken (58).
READ MORE : You May Like The Below Links Also (Just Click) :
Military Collegiate School Khulna (MCSK) Admission Circular 2022 : Application Period Dec 5 To Feb 1
Cadet College Admission Test Prep 2022 : Model Test
11. Which country has recently (October 2020) legalized ‘Euthanasia’ or assisted suicide for terminally ill people?
Ans : New Zealand.
12. What is the name of unmanned probe that China on November 25 launched to the Moon to collect rocks from the earth’s sole sub-planet?
Ans : Chang’e-5, named after an ancient Chinese Moon Goddess.
13. Who is the new Archbishop of Dhaka?
Ans : Bejoy N D’ Cruize, succeeding Cardinal Patrick D Rozario.
14. What’s the lifespan of Argentine football legend Diego Armando Maradona?
Ans : October 30, 1960 to November 25, 2020.
Miss Universe 2021 : Harnaaz Sandhu
Harnaaz Sandhu, A 21 Year Old Indian Model Who bagged the Miss Universe Title 2021.
15. What’s the name of the country that Bangladesh has recently (6 December, 2020) signed a Preferential Trade Agreement with?
Ans : Bhutan.
16. What position has Bangladesh secured in the Global Knowledge Index (GKI) 2020 produced jointly by United Nations Development Programme and Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation in the UAE?
Ans : 112th out of 138 countries. Switzerland tops the index followed by the USA and Finland. This index is published annually since 2017.
17. Which UN Agency has decided to establish an international award in honor of the father of the nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman?
Ans : UNESCO. The name of the prize is ‘UNESCO-Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman International Prize in the field of Creative Economy’.
Attention : Cadet College Admission 2021 Circular Link :
18. Who is the most powerful women in the world now according to Forbes Magazine’s 2020 list?
Ans : German Chancellor Angela Merkel. She takes top spot for 10th time in a row.
19. What spot has Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina secured in the Forbes 100 Most powerful women list 2020?
Ans : 39th.
20. Who is the new chairman of Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC)?
Ans : Shyam Sunder Sikder.
21. Who has won the best men’s Footballer prize at the Best FIFA Football Awards 2020 held in Zurich, Germany?
Ans : Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski (32).
22. Who has won the best women’s footballer Award 2020 by FIFA?
Ans : Manchester City defender Lucy Bronze.
23. Who has been named as the best men’s coach by FIFA the year of 2020?
Ans : Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp. He won the prize for the second successive year now.
24. What position has Bangladesh been ranked in the Human Development Index 2020 made by United Nations Development Programmes (UNDP)?
Ans : 133. 189 countries are placed in the index.
25. Which country has taken the top spot in the UNDP’s Human Development Index 2020?
Ans : Norway. The other top two countries are Ireland (2nd) and Switzerland (3rd).
26. Who has been named as ‘Best Male Player of The Decade’ (2011-2020) by International Cricket Council ICC?
Ans : Virat Kohli. This Indian cricketer has also bagged the ‘Best ODI Player of The Decade’ Award.
27. Which cricketer has bagged the International Cricket Council ‘Best Female Player of The Decade’ award announced on December 28, 2020?
Ans : Ellyse Perry (Australian all rounder).
28. Who has won the ‘Best Test Player of The Decade’ award given by the International Cricket Council?
Ans : Steve Smith (Australian).
READ MORE : You May Like This Below Link Also (just click) :
Cadet College Admission Test Prep 2022 : English & General Knowledge
29. Who has won ‘Player of the Century Awards’ given by Dubai Globe Soccer Awards 2020?
Ans : Cristiano Ronaldo.
- Who is new Chief of Bangladesh Air Force?
Ans : Air Vice-Marshal Shaikh Abdul Hannan.
- Who is new Chief of Bangladesh Army?
Ans : General SM Shafiuddin Ahmed. He’s 17th Chief of Bangladesh Army.
- Who has won French Open Women’s Singles Championship 2021?
Ans : Barbora Krejcikova (25). She is a professional tennis player of Czech Republic.
- Where was the G-7 Summit 2021 held?
Ans : Carbis Bay, Cornwall, UK. This year the 47th Summit of the Group of 7 rich nations has taken place from June 10-13.
- Where is the 47th Copa America 2021, the international men’s football championship organized by South America’s football ruling body CONMEBOL, being held?
Ans : Brazil. Ten teams or countries in the continent are taking part in the competition being held from June 13 to July 10.
- What edition of UEFA Euro 2020 is being held this year?
Ans : 16th Edition in which 24 countries in Europe are participating.
- Who has won US Open Men’s 2022 Singles Title?
Ans : Spain’s Carlos Alcaraz (19). This is his 1st Grand Slam Trophy.
37. Which team have won the ICC inaugural World Test Championship 2021?
Ans : New Zealand. The championship match is taken place between India and New Zealand in Southampton, England.
38. Who is current Chief of Bangladesh Navy?
Ans : Admiral M Shaheen Iqbal.
- Who is new Prime Minister in Japan?
Ans : Fumio Kishida.
- Who has won SAAF Championships 2021 held in the Maldives?
Ans : India. This is their 8th Trophy in the tournament. Five (5) teams took part in the competition.
- Who has won Men’s Singles title in the USA Open 2021?
Ans : Daniil Medvedev (24). This is his first major title.
- Who has won Women’s Singles trophy in the USA Open 2021?
Ans : British Player Emma Radukanu (18).
- Which team has won IPL 2021 Edition?
Ans : Chennai Super Kings. This is the team’s 4th title in the tournament.
- Where in Bangladesh is a new gas field found recently?
Ans : Jakiganj, Sylhet. It is 28th gas field found in the country so far.
- Who is first Bangladeshi women cricketer scored century in ODI international Cricket?
Ans : Sharmin Akhter Supta.
- Who has won Ballon d’Or 2021 as the Best footballer of the year from the French Government?
Ans : Lionel Messi. This is the 7th time that this Argentine legend has bagged this trophy.
- Who has won ICC T-20 Championship 2021?
Ans : Australia. This is their first T-20 Title.
- Who is Malaysia’s current Prime Minister?
Ans : Ismail Sabri Yaakob.
49. Who is new CEO of social media platform Twitter?
Ans : Parag Agrawal (37). An Indian-American software engineer who did PhD in Computer Engineering from the Stanford University in the USA.
50. Who has won the Miss Universe 2021 title?
Ans : Harnaaz Sandhu (21). She is the third Indian women who have so far bagged the crown. To mention, this year 70th edition of the Miss Universe competition was held on December 13 in the Israeli city of Eilat.
51. Who has become the ‘Person of the Year’ 2022 of the Time Magazine?
Ans : Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy (44).
52. Where outside of Bangladesh is a sculpture of Bangabandhu installed recently (December 13, 2021)?
Ans : Ankara, Turkey.
53. Where is Bajrakantha, a sculpture of Father of the Nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman, is situated in Bangladesh?
Ans : Sylhet Cantonment. The sculpture with a height of 15 feet has been unveiled on December 5, 2021.
Bajrakantha, a sculpture of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman. Image : Collected
54. Who is the new Chief Justice of Bangladesh?
Ans : Justice Hasan Foez Siddique. He is 23rd Chief Justice of the country, having replaced outgoing Chief Justice Syed Mahmud Hossain.
55. What’s the name of the satellite that NASA launched on December 25, 2021 to study the origin of the universe?
Ans : James Webb Space Telescope (JWST). It replaced the earlier one, the Hubble Space Telescope.
56. Who is new Prime Minister of Pakistan?
Ans : Shehbaz Sharif (70). A member of Pakistan Muslim League-N, he is 23rd Prime Minister of the country.
57. Who is new Chief Executive of Hong-Kong, an autonomous region of China?
Ans : John Lee Ka-chiu (64).
58. Who is new President of the Philippines?
Ans : Ferdinand Marcos Junior (64). He is commonly known as Bongbong Marcos.
59. Who is new President of the United Arab Emirates?
Ans : Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, taking the place of Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan who passed away on May 13, 2022.
60. Who is new Prime Minister of Sri Lanka?
Ans : Ranil Wickremesinghe (73). This is the sixth time that he took the top post in the government.
61. Who is current Chief Election Commissioner (CEC) in Bangladesh?
Ans : Kazi Habibul Awal.
62. Who is current US Ambassador to Bangladesh?
Ans : Peter D Haas.
63. What’s the name of the supermassive Black Hole found at the center of our own Galaxy– Milky Way?
Ans : Sagittarius A.
64. Who is new Prime Minister of France?
Ans : Elisabeth Borne (61). She has become the first female PM in the country in over three decades.
65. Who is the new Prime Minister of Australia?
Ans : Anthony Albanese, a leader of Labor Party.
66. Who is new Director General (DG) of Department of Fire Service and Civil Defence, Bangladesh?
Ans : Brig General Md. Main Uddin.
67. Who has won ‘International Booker Prize 2022’?
Ans : Indian novelist Geetanjali Shree and American Translator Daisy Rockwell for Hindi novel ‘Tomb of Sand‘. The novel is written by Geetanjali Shree. This is the first Hindi language novel that won the prize ever.
68. Who has won French Open 2022 Women’s Singles?
Ans : Polish Iga Swiatek (21). This is her second Grand Slam Titles.
69. Who has conquered French Open 2022 Men’s singles?
Ans : Spanish Rafael Nadal. This is his 14th French Open Title. Nadal has won the highest number of Grand Slams with 22 in total so far, ahead of Novak Djokovic (20) and Roger Federer (20).
70. Which movie has won Palme d’Or as the best film at Cannes Film Festival 2022 in France?
Ans : Triangle of Sadness. It is directed by Swedish director Ruben Ostlund.
71. What edition of Cannes Film Festival was held in 2022?
Ans : 75th Edition.
72. What’s the new name of Turkey?
Ans : Türkiye. From now on, the country will be known at the United Nations with this new name which is a part of rebranding campaign by the government.
73. Who is Pakistan’s new Army Chief?
Ans : General Asim Munir (57).
74. Who has hosted 2022 FIFA World Cup?
Ans : Qatar.
75. Who is the shortest man in the world now?
Ans : Iran’s Afshin Ismail Ghaderzadeh (20). He is just 65.24 cm (2 ft. 1.68 in.) tall and weighs only 6 kg. Afshin holds Guinness World Records shortest man title beating Colombian Edward Nino Hernandez who is 72.1 cm tall.
Final Words : We will time to time put up all latest happenings on Bangladesh and the globe. So candidates, please keep following us in our efforts to help you with cadet college admission preparation for the year 2022.
READ MORE : You May Like This Below Link Also (just click) :
Cadet College Admission Test Syllabus 2022 :
Comments are closed.