Applications are now open for the Fulbright U.S. Scholar Program for academic year 2022-2023 with the last date to apply being September 15, 2021. The program is open just for citizens of the United States of America.
The Fulbright Scholar program, the largest grant program funded and conducted by the US Department of States’ Bureau of Education & Cultural Affairs, awards more than 800 fellowships annually to college and university faculty, administrators, professionals, artists, journalists, scientists, lawyers, independent scholars and more.
This program offers recipients the opportunity to teach and or conduct research in over 125 countries around the world.
Benefits of the Program : Generally, Fulbright grants are budgeted to cover travel and living costs in-country for the grantee and their accompanying dependents. For further details, one needs to check the official website (https://cies.org/us-scholar-awards#overview).
Eligibilities For Application : Aspirants need to meet the following conditions to be eligible for application :
- Being citizens of the USA.
- Holding U.S. citizenship at the time of application. Permanent residence is not sufficient.
- Having Residency abroad.
- Applicants who have resided abroad for five or more consecutive years in the six-year period preceding the application deadline are ineligible. A period of nine months or more during a calendar year constitutes a full year.
Application Process : Aspirants need to maintain the following steps while making applications :
- First register interest at My Fulbright through the Apply Now link to receive the latest program updates and announcements.
- All required application components for the U.S. Fulbright Scholar Program for year 2022-2023 Must Be completed and submitted by the application deadline (September 15, 2021).
- Check eligibility and the award description from the official link for any specific requirements that must be met. Only complete, eligible applications will be forwarded for consideration.
- Please check the ‘Application’ section at the official link for further details.
Application Link : Interested and eligible individuals must forward their applications through the following link at :
Official Link : For any more information regarding the U.S Fulbright Scholar Program 2022-2023, one needs to visit the below official link at :
The Fulbright Program was established in 1946 under legislation introduced by then-Senator J. William Fulbright of Arkansas. The Fulbright Program is sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Currently, the Fulbright Program operates in over 160 countries worldwide.
The Fulbright Program is the flagship international educational exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government and is designed to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries.