Centre for Governance Studies Research Fellowship 2023 : Application Deadline April 30
Under this fellowship program 'Young Voices in Geopolitics', three next generation researchers and journalists will avail grants to conduct research on geopolitics in Bangladesh.
The Centre for Governance Studies (CGS) Research Fellowship for the year 2023 is now open with deadline to apply being April 30, 2023.
The fellowship titled ‘Young Voices in Geopolitics‘ is on offer in collaboration with the Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES), Bangladesh. Under this fellowship program, three next generation researchers and journalists will avail grants to conduct research on geopolitics in Bangladesh.
What is Centre for Governance Studies Research Fellowship?
The Bay of Bengal has been an interconnected and interdependent region for centuries. Trade and migrations across borders have made the littoral states and cities culturally diverse societies. The geo-strategic shift from Euro-Atlantic to Indo-Pacific in recent years has given the Bay of Bengal region a renewed geo-political prominence. Considering the importance of the changing scenario of the Bay of Bengal region, it is necessary for Bangladesh to stay in the context. CGS and FES Bangladesh intend to publish 3 policy papers and 9 analytical reports (Print/ Electronic/ Online Media) on the importance of the Bay of Bengal region and how Bangladesh’s foreign policy should be shaped regarding the following key topics:
- Bangladesh trade options beyond LDC graduation.
- Non-traditional security threats for Bangladesh.
- Bangladesh’s diplomacy in current global crisis.
Focusing on the geopolitics of Bangladesh and the Bay of Bengal Region, CGS and FES Bangladesh is announcing this Research Fellowships for the working journalists and PhD students living in Bangladesh and abroad.
CGS Research Fellowship Eligibilities :
Aspirants need to meet the following conditions to be eligible for application :
- Have to be a working journalist or a PhD student.
- Proven track record of writing geopolitical issues and/or academic knowledge on geopolitics.
- Relevant publication in reputed journals will be an added advantage.
- Have to demonstrate good skill on academic writing (in English).
Further Reading For You!
TIB Investigative Journalism Fellowship 2023
UGS Research Grant For Year 2023
CGS Fellowship Responsibilities :
- The selected fellow will have to write one paper and prepare 3 analytical reports for print/electronic/ online media.
- Fellow will meet the advisors, organizers (CGS and FES) and other fellows in a few occasions.
- Fellow will have to be in phone/email communication with the advisor and the relevant experts during the fellowship period (1 May – 31 October, 2023) on a regular basis.
- Selected Fellow will have to provide monthly progress report/update to CGS.
- Have to abide by the timeline provided by CGS.
CGS Research Fellowship Application Procedure :
Interested persons will have to send their CV along with Cover Letter elaborating the motivation including interest for and benefit of the fellowship) to the following address :
Reminder : The last date for application submission is April 30, 2023.
CGS Research Fellowship Link :
For any more information regarding CGS Research Fellowship 2023, one can visit the following link at :
CGS Research Fellowship Circular 2023 :