1. What is Hagibis?
Ans : A typhoon that is approaching Japan as the most dangerous one.
2. Who has become the first person to have completed the marathon under two hours?
Ans : Eliud Kipchoge. This Kenyan took 1 hour 59 minutes and 40 seconds. But the marathon held in Vienna was an unofficial one.
3. What’s the name of e-commerce giant Amazon’s streaming platform?
Ans : Twitch.
4. Who has won this year’s Nobel peace prize?
Ans : Ethiopian Prime Minster Abiy Ahmed Ali.
5. Who has been awarded Nobel prize in literature 2019?
Ans : Austrian Peter Handke.
6. Who has won Nobel prize in literature for 2018?
Ans : Olga Tokarczuk. This Polish author’s first fiction is ‘The Journey of the Book-People’ which was published in 1993, but her third novel ‘Primeval and Other Times’ which bought her name and fame.
7. Alexei Leonov is the first human to have walked space. when did this Soviet-era cosmonaut pass away?
Ans : October 11, 2019. He walked on space in 1965. But Yuri Gagarin is the first human being who went to outer space in 1961.
8. Who has been awarded this year’s prestigious Booker Prize for fiction?
Ans : Two authors jointly received the award this year. They are Canadian Margaret Atwood for the novel ‘The Testaments’ and Anglo-Nigerian author Bernardine Evaristo for the fiction ‘Girl, Woman, Other’.
Comments are closed.