• Saturday     08 August 2020  

    Information for Success and Development

    Be Our Friends

    Corona Pandemic : Male Accounts for Majority Deaths in Bangladesh

    The novel coronavirus has claimed so far 2,096 lives in Bangladesh till June 6. Pic : collected

    Corona Pandemic : Male Accounts for Majority Deaths in Bangladesh

    Planet Desk | 06 July 2020 | 4:41 pm

    In Bangladesh, one of the worst hit countries by the novel coronavirus in South Asia, male accounts for a significant amount of deaths from the virus as the country has recorded 44 more fatalities in the last 24 hours till July 6. Of the new victims, 33 are male and the rest female as it be. Besides, there have been 3,201 new cases registered over the period, raising the total to 165,618 since the outbreak began in the country.

    Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) in the country said at the daily online health bulletin on the corona situation in the country. Bangladesh recorded its first corona cases on March 8 and the first death on 18th of the month.

    In the country, the virus has claimed so far 2,096 lives. Of the total toll, majority is male that is 1,657. The rest 439 are female. In terms of percentage of the total deaths, 79.05% belong to man and the rest 20.95% woman.

    In Bangladesh, the highest single day jump in deaths so far now is 64 which was registered on June 30. The country has now 168,645 cases with 2,151 deaths till July 7. There are 55 more victims recorded in the last 24 hours till July 7 afternoon.

    Over the period, the country has examined 14,245 samples at 68 labs across the country. Of them, 3,201 samples have turned out to be positive, up from the previous period at 2,738. The rate of infections based on the examination of samples over the period is 22.47%. Overall the rate is about 19.25% in terms of samples examined in total. The country has so far examined 860,307 samples since the outbreak began in the country.

    During the bulletin, the health body also said that 3,524 more patients had recovered in the last 24 hours, raising the recovered to 76,149 so far now. The rate of the recovery is 44.98%.

    This Story You May Like to Read Also : Chinese Government Scholarships 2020

    In South Asia, both in terms of cases and deaths from the novel coronavirus, Bangladesh stands at third position after India and Pakistan. In the region, India has the highest number of cases and deaths with at least 719,665 cases and at least 20,160 fatalities respectively. In terms of cases, India is ranked at third globally. Pakistan has about 236k confirmed cases and at least 4,880 fatalities.

    Internationally the novel coronavirus has infected more than 11.6 million people including at least 539k deaths. Of all the countries affected by the virus, the USA is the worst hit with at least 2,936,077 cases and 130,285 related fatalities, according to data from Johns Hopkins University.

  • Archive

    Sat Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri
    1234567
    891011121314
    15161718192021
    22232425262728
    293031  
    Malala’s New Book
    Malala’s New Book
    %d bloggers like this: