Post Office UPU International Letter Writing Competition 2024 : Submission Deadline March 18
Requirements : Being Bangladeshi young Students Aged in between nine to fifteen (9 to 15) years as on May 5, 2024
UPU (Universal Postal Union) International Letter-Writing Competition for young people 2024 is open with letter submission deadline March 18.
This year, 53rd competition is taking place with the aim to improve literacy through the art of letter writing. With focus on young students, the annual contest encourages participants to showcase their creativity and refine their language skills.
In consistent with the Competition of UPU, Bangladesh Post is also organizing a National Letter Writing Competition. Interested local students aged between 9 to 15 can participate in the contest.
What’s The Theme of UPU 53rd International Letter Writing Competition?
For the year 2024, the theme is “At 150 years old, the UPU has served people around the world for more than eight generations. The world has changed enormously since then. Write a letter to future generations about the world you hope they inherit.’’
What Are The Requirements To Participate In The Bangladesh Post Office Letter Writing Competition 2024?
Interested Bangladeshi young students, both boys & girls, will have to meet the following conditions, among others, to be eligible for participation :
- Being permanent citizens of Bangladesh.
- Online Birth Certificate issued from the concerned authority and the Certificate confirming the citizenship. Participants have to attach both online birth certificate & nationality certificate with their hand-written letter.
- Age being in between nine to fifteen (9 to 15) years as on May 5, 2024.
- Five (5) copies of lab-printed fresh passport size photographs, attached to the letter.
UPU Int. Letter-Writing Competition 2024 In Brief :
What Is the UPU International Letter-Writing Competition Format?
Participants must maintain the following things while writing the letter :
- Letter must be in English & handwritten and original (unpublished) with maximum word count 800 words.
- Judgement Criteria : i. Structure as a letter ii. Adherence to the theme iii. Creativity iv. Use of language. Note that writing in any other format will lead to straight cancellation.
- Letter must be on one side of A-4 size, 80 (eighty) GSM Offset paper. Any letter written on both sides will be void. Students have to submit only original handwritten manuscript letter.
- Have to mention his or her name, class, name of the educational institution, address, telephone or mobile number & names of parents at the end of the letter.
Note that any selected letter submitted to the Universal Postal Union will be sole property of the organization.
To get any more information, one will require to see the circular (or visit the relevant websites) available at the end of this article. So please keep reading!
More Stories For You (Just Click Below Links!)
What Are The Prizes of the Bangladesh Post Office Letter-Writing Contest 2024?
The prizes or rewards depend on its level—national or international.
At national level competition, there are attractive rewards or prizes for the top three placeholders. For first place winner, there are prize bond worth Tk.5000, a crest and certificate. Besides, he or she will represent Bangladesh at the UPU 53rd International Letter-Writing Competition 2024 to be held at Berne, Switzerland.
For second & third place-holders, there are prize bond worth Tk.4000 & Tk.3000 respectively plus crest & certificate.
On the other hand, at the UPU international level competition, the winner will get a special medal (gold) and a certificate plus a likely trip to the UPU Headquarters in Berne, Switzerland or an alternative prize to be decide by the authority.
For second & third winners, there are silver & bronze medal & certificates respectively plus possible trip to the UPU Headquarters or alternative rewards.
How To Get Details About UPU Letter-Writing Competition?
For details regarding the contest, both international & local competition, aspirants can visit the following two links :
Letter Submission Process :
Participants will have to send their letter only by the Registered/GEP Services of Bangladesh Post to the following address :
Parvin Banu, Director (UPU Affairs), Directorate of Posts, Dak Bhaban (Room-603), Sher-e-Bangla Nagar, Agargaon, Dhaka-1207.
Remember, all letters must get the specified address no later than March 18, 2024. Otherwise, any letter will be considered invalid for the competition.
Notably, participants must write down ‘53rd International Letter-Writing Competition for Young People-2024’ on top of the envelope.
BD Post Office UPU Int. Letter-Writing Competition 2024 Circular :
For additional information, interested students will need to see the circular provided below :