Job & Exam Preparation : Updates From Around the World
1. Where was the 15th G20 Summit this year held?
Ans : Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia. This year the summit was held virtually due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
2. Who has won the Booker Prize 2020?
Ans : Douglas Stuart. This Scottish-American author, NY based fashion designer as a profession, won the award for his novel ‘Shuggie Bain’. This is his first novel.
3. Who have won Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 tournament?
Ans : Mumbai Indians. This is the team’s 5th IPL title. This year 13th season of the tournament held from September 19 to November 10.
4. Which country in Africa region is Russia building a permanent naval base?
Ans : Sudan.
5. Who is the current foreign minister of New Zealand?
Ans : Nanaia Mahuta. She is the first indigenous female foreign minister of the country.
6. Who is the first openly gay deputy Prime Minister of New Zealand?
Ans : Grant Robertson.
7. What’s the name of Covid-19 taskforce formed by the Trump Administration?
Ans : Operation Warp Speed.
8. Who is set to become the new USA Secretary of State?
Ans : Antony Blinken (58).
9. Which country has recently (Cctober 2020) legalized ‘Euthanasia’ or assisted suicide for terminally ill people?
Ans : New Zealand.
10. What is the name of unmanned probe that China on November 25 launched to the Moon to collect rocks from the earth’s sole sub-planet?
Ans : Chang’e-5, named after an ancient Chinese Moon Goddess.
11. Who is the new Archbishop of Dhaka?
Ans : Bejoy N D’ Cruize, succeeding Cardinal Patrick D Rozario.
12. What’s the lifespan of Argentine football legend Diego Armando Maradona?
Ans : October 30, 1960 to November 25, 2020.
13. Who has been named the Time Magazine’s first-ever ‘Kid of the Year’?
Ans : Gitanjali Rao (15), an Indian-American scientist and inventor.
14. Which country has Bangladesh signed (6 December, 2020) a Preferential Trade Agreement with?
Ans : Bhutan.