In this era of technological advancement and global economic development, now more students generally tend to go to foreign destinations or countries for their higher education. Bangladeshi students are not lagging behind from this increasing trend. The reasons behind are a lot.
Here’s A Few Reasons Why One Should Go Abroad For Study :
1. Look Good On Your CV : If you can explore a new country at the same time as picking up the international skills to gain a decent graduate job, then that’s pretty good going.
2. Brush Up On Your Language Skills : Remember the foreign language skills you picked up in school? No, me neither. Refresh them by studying abroad; you might be surprised at how much you remember.
3. Living In A Foreign Country Entirely Different To A Holiday : You’ll actually get to experience your place of study in the long term, picking up local knowledge such as where sells the best coffee, what tourist traps to avoid and how to get the most out of your new city.
4. Meet A Diverse Range Of People : Your exposure to many different types of people will not only help you to develop your people skills, but it will also give you a firmer knowledge of others, both friend and foe.
5. Make Lifelong Friends : You may not love every single person you meet, but chances are that you’ll meet at least one lifelong friend (if you’re good at keeping in touch, that is).
6. Study & Learn Differently : Often those studying abroad will experience a completely new way of teaching. This can be daunting, but it will also open your mind to new ways of learning.
7. Gain Independence : It’s not easy being independent – to paraphrase Destiny’s Child – but it’s also a heck of a lot better than living with your parents as a 20-something.
8. Learn Self-Reliance : Moving abroad is the ultimate test in self-reliance. When (or if) you move back, you’ll likely rely on others less and you’ll take more responsibility for yourself.
9. You’ll Gain A Greater Knowledge Of Different Cultures : Cultural sensitivity isn’t just a quality which politicians may be accused of lacking; it’s also something you can develop while studying abroad!
10. Learn More About Yourself : Throwing yourself into a completely new environment will help you to figure out what you’re good at, as well as what you’re not so good at. These are things that can then be built on during your study abroad experience.
11. Become An Adult : Speed up the transition from teenager to adult by leaping into the unknown. You’ll have to fend for yourself, buy your own meals and wash your own clothes, but it’ll all be worth it.
12. Gain Life Experience : One of the ultimate reasons to study abroad is to gain life experience. You’ll learn how to organize your life and condense it into one suitcase, handle unforeseen situations, be independent and self-sufficient.
13. Be Spontaneous & Adventurous : When you’re hundreds of thousands of miles away from home, spontaneity and adventurousness are your best friends. Open your mind up to new experiences and sights and the fun will come your way.
14. Gain A Global Mind-Set : Whether it’s in work, study or play, you’ll be able to use your new global mind-set to back up arguments, inform your beliefs and steer your future.
15. Unforgettable Experience : Even if your friends back home get bored of hearing about it (warning: they will), your study abroad experience will stay with you long after it’s over.
16. Scope To Explore : In between lectures and lab sessions, studying abroad should leave you with plenty of time to explore. Whether you’re one for visiting iconic landmarks, trying new foods or bartering at local markets, there’s always bound to be a better way of spending your time than scrolling through Facebook!
17. Increase Your International Job Prospects : While you can always go home at the end of your time as an international student, many choose to stay put and apply for a working visa. Even if you return home or decide to seek work elsewhere, the international experience provided by studying abroad is likely to be looked on favorably by employers.
18. Because Variety Is The Spice Of Life : It might be something your dad says when opting for a different flavor of crisps at the supermarket, but it’s true; change, variety and new experiences are what make life worth living. Mix it up a bit: study abroad!