Simple things play vital role in learning English, though tense is not such a thing. Tense is a very vast topic in English grammar world. To know the language properly, one needs to have a very good understanding on it. If one has good knowledge about tense, then learning English gets quite easier for his or her. There are basically 12 tense forms, one of them being ‘simple present tense’. This tense is vastly used in daily conversation. Do you know where this tense is mainly used? You might have a bit understanding or knowledge on it. But you need to have a full understanding about this tense if you want to be good in English. There are certain cases or situations where one should use simple present tense. In general, this tense is used to express habits, repeated actions or events, general truths, fixed arrangements and give directions or instructions.
The situations or cases where this tense needs to be used are followings :
A. To express habits, this tense is used. See the sentences :
1. I usually take rice at breakfast.
2. My father likes to have a cup of coffee after dinner or night time meal.
3. My boss smokes. (meaning it’s his habit)
4. Housewives watch television regularly.
5. I usually play football.
B. To express repeated actions or events or unchanging situations :
1. In general, I take a bus to get to the office.
2. I return home by bus from office as well.
3. We catch the bus every morning.
4. I put username and password first to get the computer run at office.
5. My brother in law drives to his office in Dhanmondi from Mirpur.
6. The north America edition of daily Bangladesh Pratidin gets published every Friday.
C. To say general truths :
1. Water freezes at zero degrees.
2. The Earth revolves around the Sun.
3. The Moon does not have its own light.
4. What’s your faith? …. I am a Muslim or Islam is my faith.
Note : For the rest of the lesson, please continue browsing this site https://campusplanet.net/