USA Undergraduate Student Exchange Program 2021 : Deadline Feb 28
You Are An Undergraduate Student? Then You Are Eligible for US Global UGRAD Exchange Program Sponsored by U.S Department of State
Applications are now open and invited from interested eligible Bangladeshi students for the Global UGRAD Exchange Program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs.
Students currently enrolled in undergraduate degree program are eligible to take part in the program. The last date to apply is 4:30 p.m. Dhaka Time February 28.
The program will provide full scholarships to outstanding students for one semester non-degree undergraduate study at accredited institutions in the USA. The program is expected to commence in spring 2021.
What Global UGRAD Exchange Program Is :
Global UGRAD Program is an intensive academic program with the purpose of providing undergraduate student leaders with in-depth exposure to U.S. society, culture, and academic institutions by engaging in substantive academic exchanges at colleges and universities across America.
Priority is given to underrepresented and underserved applicants. All academic fields of study are eligible.
Participation in community service activities is mandatory. Additionally, an internship component will be offered for all participants during the academic component of the program. Internships will be related to the participant’s field of study and/or career plans.
Eligibility : To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, interested candidates must demonstrate the followings :
1. Being Bangladeshi citizens aged at least 18 years but under 25 and not dual citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or any other country.
2. Currently enrolled as full-time undergraduate students, having completed at least one semester or have one semester remaining upon return to their home institution.
3. Being proficient in both written and spoken English at a level sufficient to engage in university-level study.
4. Having demonstrated leadership skills.
5. Being committed to returning to their Bangladesh universities upon completion of the program.
6. Having little or no prior experience in the United States.
7. Others including willing and able to fully participate in an intensive academic program and community service.
Application Link : To make application and get more information on the program, interested individuals need to surf the following link at : http://www.worldlearning.org/ugrad.
About Selection Process :
Interested students can make registration for the program using the below link: https://webportalapp.com/sp/login/n9bqhdalu1
Selection and Interviews : Shortlisted candidates will be invited to interviews at the American Center. Selected candidates for the program will be required to complete medical tests, as well as a test of English-language proficiency such as TOEFL or IELTS. If one already has a valid TOEFL or IELTS score such as 72iBT or IELTS 6.0, they can submit it with applications.
If one does not have a score, he or she does not schedule a test self. The American Center schedules tests for all successful candidates. It should be noted that having a valid score has no bearing on consideration for the program.
Final Approval : Although candidates will be nominated by the American Center, participation in the program is contingent on final approval from Washington, D.C., and funding availability.
Query Link : For any further information, one can make contacts with Tahnia Shahid at 02-5566-2808 or by email at http://ShahidTX@state.gov.