USA Fulbright Teaching Excellence & Achievement Program 2021-2022
Applications Invited From Secondary-Level School Teachers In Bangladesh, Deadline March 6
Applications are currently underway for Fulbright Teaching Excellence and Achievement (TEA) program, sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, with the last date being March 6 this year.
Teachers from secondary-level educational institutions in Bangladesh are eligible to apply for the program which is a six-week exchange program expected to take place in the Spring (February – March) or Fall (September – November) 2022.
The American Center at U.S. Embassy Dhaka has recently announced the call for applications from qualified teachers for the program. The Fulbright TEA program is implemented by IREX, a Washington, D.C.-based nonprofit organization.
What TEA Program Offers :
As per the announcement, participants will gain unique opportunities to develop expertise in their subject areas, enhance their teaching skills, and increase their knowledge about the United States.
The program includes coursework and intensive training in teaching methodologies, lesson planning, and teaching strategies for the participants’ home environment, as well as the use of computers for Internet, word processing, and as teaching tools. It also includes a two-week internship at a secondary school to engage participants with American teachers and students plus trips to U.S. cultural sites subject to the pandemic.
Primary Eligibilities : Aspirants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for application :
1. Be a secondary-level, full-time teacher with five or more years of classroom experience in disciplines including Social Studies, Civic-Education, Mathematics, English as a Foreign Language and Science.
2. Be a citizen of Bangladesh.
3. Have a valid Bangladeshi passport.
4. Have demonstrated leadership qualities and be committed to continue teaching for at least five years after completion of the Fulbright TEA program.
5. Be proficient in written and spoken English. The program requires English language skills sufficient to function independently in the U.S and the ability to express ideas clearly and effectively in university and professional settings.
6. Have general computer skills, including word processing, basic file management, and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
Warning! The program is just for current secondary-level school teachers. Ministry of Education officials, educational administrators, full-time teacher trainers, university faculty, and private English-language tutors are not eligible to apply.
How to Apply : Applications must be forwarded online. The application form including ISRF and LAF forms are available at the following link :
If anyone faces any difficulties with the online application, they can contact Program Manager Ms.Tahnia Shahid at the following address : [email protected]
Application Submission : The last date for application submission is 4: 30 pm BST March 6, 2021. Those who be selected finally will be notified at the end of September 2021.
Contacts : For any further information about this program, one can contact Program Manager Ms. Tahnia Shahid at 02-5566-2808 or by email at http://[email protected]
Necessary Link : For more information on the program itself, one can surf the below link :