The deadline for application for the USA government funded the Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program is approaching with last date for making application being this December 24 BST.
The Community Engagement Exchange (CEE) Program is a year-long leadership development program for emerging civil society leaders from over 100 countries with a three-month practicum at a civil society organization in the United States.
The Program provides the participants the opportunity to harness the power of networks, relationships, and information for the public good to address critical 21st Century issue, including civic dialogue and peace-building, open and participatory government, women and gender, resilience and sustainable development, and youth engagement.
Eligibilities : Aspirants must need to meet the following eligibility requirements to be eligible for considerations for the program :
1. Between the ages of 20 and 27 as of November 1, 2020
2. A citizen of Bangladesh (see CEE webpage for other countries : https://www.irex.org/program/community-engagement-exchange-program-application-information)
3. Living and working in your home country
4. Individuals with refugee status working on behalf of their home community may be given special consideration
5. Working on a community engagement initiative in your home country, either in a professional or volunteer capacity, with a vision to pursue a career working to support civil society
6. High proficiency in spoken and written English at the time of application. To note, semifinalists will be required to take or submit recent scores for a TOEFL or IELTS English language test.
7. Available to travel to the United States. for three months from October 2021 to January 2022
Committed to returning to your home country to complete a Community Engagement Project (CEP)
8. Not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States and have not applied for U.S. permanent residency within the past three years.
9. Applicants who have participated in an exchange program sponsored by the U.S. government must have fulfilled their two-year home residency requirement.
10. Committed to returning to your home country for a minimum of two years after completing the program.
Application Link : For application and further details on the Program, interested individuals need to visit the following link at
For registration, use this link :https://cee.irex.org/Account/Login
Submission Deadline : Complete applications must be submitted online by 10:59 a.m. Bangladesh Time this December 24.