Applications are now open for Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Postgraduate Conversion Scholarship 2021 at the University of Sussex, UK with deadline to apply being August 1, 2021. There are 14 scholarships on offer in total, which are open to all from across the world.
The University of Sussex is a leading research-intensive university near Brighton. Sussex has received funding from the Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and the Office for Artificial Intelligence (OAI) to increase diversity in the AI and data science sector and to support students from underrepresented groups to access, participate and succeed in higher education.
Benefits : As mentioned earlier, the University of Sussex will award 14 scholarships in total for the academic year to qualified persons. Each scholarship recipient will get an amount of £10,000.
Eligibilities : Aspirants need to demonstrate the following qualities to be eligible for application for the Artificial Intelligence and Data Science Post-Graduate Conversion Scholarship 2021 commencing in September 2021 :
- Have been offered and accepted a place on one of the following degrees—MSc Artificial Intelligence and Adaptive Systems, MSc Data Science, MSc Human and Social Data Science.
- Color (black) students, female students and students with disabilities will receive priorities.
- Special consideration will also be given to students from areas of the UK where young people are less likely to go on to higher education (POLAR quintiles 1 and 2), care experienced students, estranged students, Gypsy, Roma, Traveller students, refugees and children from military families, veterans and partners of military personnel.
- Overseas applications will also be accepted, however, priority will be given to UK applicants. International applicants will be required to have paid their tuition fee deposit before authority can consider them for a scholarship.
Application Process : Eligible applicants will need to submit an academic statement as part of the application process. The statement will be assessed on the following :
- Any relevant extra-curricular or work experience.
- Motivation for choosing the course.
- In what ways this scholarship will help you achieve your ambitions.
Note : Authority will check this information using your Masters application or will contact you directly for verification. This information will not be used as part of any academic assessment.
Application Link : Interested individuals need to make application through the official link for the scholarship :
The Department for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) and the Office for Artificial Intelligence (OAI) are providing funding for providers to develop postgraduate conversion courses to help address the shortage of AI and data specialists in the UK. The other important aim for this program of work is to increase the number of people from groups currently underrepresented in the AI and data science fields and to encourage graduates from diverse backgrounds to consider a future in these occupations.