To help our readers, particularly university admission & job seekers, prepare selves for their respective tests, we put up some practical questions on the subject of English. Hopefully these questions will hugely come handy for your preparation.
- Which of the following spellings is incorrect?
A. Cassette B. Preperation C. Maintenance D. Harassment.
- We, both —- same color dress, paid a visit to our ancestral home last month. What word is to be put in the blank?
A. With B. On C. In D. By.
- Once a product is sought, they scurry away into the alleys for its retrieval from storage. What does the word ‘scurry’ mean in the sentence?
A. Act fast B. Sit idly C. Get off D. Run & hide.
- What’s the synonymous to the word ‘Redundancy’?
A. Abundance B. Continuity C. Lay-off D. Negligence
- Which preposition is best suited for the blank in the following sentence ‘2020 was the hottest year in Europe…. record’?
A. In B. On C. By D. Under.
- What does this phrasal verb ‘Start Over’ mean?
A. Put an end to B. Begin anew C. Turn down D. Dismiss
- Bus owners are ‘in a tight spot’ in the country during the lockdown imposed to curb the spread of the novel coronavirus. What does the phrase in the bracket mean?
A. Stuck in a place B. Difficult situation C. Incurring losses D. None
- The first year (honors) admission test for academic year 2020-2021 at University of Dhaka (to begin) on May 21. What’s the best answer from the possible four?
A. Begins B. Will begin C. Begin D. Is going to begin
- A majority of people in the city makes their commute to office…..public bus. What’s the word missing in the sentence above?
A. Via B. Through C. By D. In
- Which of the following sentences is correct?
A. Bangladesh have defeated Sri Lanka in their first Test Match held at Pallekelle on April 21-25, 2021.
B. Punjab Kings is playing against Mumbai Indians in their second match at the ongoing cash rich Indian Premier League IPL.
C. The couple have their first kid just last month.
D. Along with my younger brother, I are going to the Jamuna Future Park for Eid shopping
Check The Answer Key : 1.B 2.C 3.A 4.C 5.B 6.B 7.B 8.A 9.C 10.A.