Reasons Why People Use Social Media
Social media is the most popular platform around the world now among all age group when it comes to communication, networking and even news. Currently, there are more than 4.2 billion social media users worldwide as per the Digital Report 2021. That’s about 53.6 percent of the total global population. But why are people driving towards social platforms?
The Digital Report sums up some top reasons why people use social networking sites. Of them, the top 10 reasons are put forward below :
1. Stay up to date with news and current events, 36.5%.
2. Find funny or entertaining content, 35%.
3. Fill up spare time, 34.4%.
4. Stay in touch with what my friends are doing, 33%.
5. Share photos or videos with others, 27.9%.
6. Research products to buy, 27.5%.
7. General networking with other people, 26.8%.
8. Because a lot of my friends are on them, 25.1%.
9. Share my opinion, 23.4%.
10. Meet new people, 21.3%.
The Digital Report 2021 is compiled by ‘We Are Social’ agency in collaboration with the social media management platform ‘Hootsuite’. Source : ETX Studio