Planet desk | 09 December 2019 | 1:40 am
Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarships (QECS) 2020 are now open asking applications from candidates from commonwealth countries or regions including Bangladesh. This scholarship provides a unique opportunity to study in a two-year Master’s degree in low or middle-income countries of the Commonwealth.
Host Universities of the Scholarship : 16 universities from commonwealth countries will be hosting the scholarship. The universities are as follow :
1. COMSATS University Islamabad, Pakistan
2. Mbarara University of Science and Technology, Uganda
3. The University of the West Indies
4. University of Dhaka, Bangladesh
5. The University of Ghana
6. Universiti Putra Malaysia
7. University of Mauritius
8. State University of Zanzibar, Tanzania
9. University of Zambia
10. University of Rwanda
11. University of Malaya, Malaysia
12. University of Nairobi, Kenya – Migration Studies
13. University of Eswatini
14. The University of the West Indies – Climate Resilience
15. Technical University of Kenya
16. Kwame Nkrumah University of Technology and Technology, Ghana
Benefits of the Scholarship : The QECS holds lots of benefits that recipients enjoy. The followings are the benefits that this scholarship offers :
1. Fully-funded tuition fees.
2. Living expenses allowance (stipend) for full duration.
3. Return economy flights to host country.
4. An arrival allowance
5. There is also a research support grant which is available on request only plus subject to approval.
Eligibilities for the Scholarship : The requirements to apply for the scholarship are as follow :
1. Candidate must be citizen of (or hold refugee status in) a Commonwealth country other than the country hosting the award.
2. Must have completed an undergraduate degree at a 2:1 equivalent level
3. Host universities may have their own specific eligibility requirements for admissions.
Related Story That You May Like :
Application Procedure : Candidates need to upload some papers while making application through a given link. The papers needed for application are the followings :
1. High school certificate
2. Undergraduate transcript (and graduation certificate)
3. Two references – preferably academic
4. Scan of passport or national ID card
5. Proof of English language ability if English is not your first language
Last Date of Application : The final date to make application is January 15, 2020. So there is still 37 Days left to apply.
Application Link : To apply, the following link needs to be used :
For further information regarding the scholarship, one needs to visit the link at www.youthop.com