Do you have any intention or hidden desire to work with the United Nations? Then there is a huge opportunity for you to work with the organization as an international volunteer. Application or registration from the qualified and eligible persons is now open for the UN Volunteer 2020 program.
The United Nations Volunteers (UNV) program contributes to peace and development through volunteerism worldwide. They work with partners to integrate qualified, highly motivated and well supported UN Volunteers into development programming and promote the value and global recognition of volunteerism. UNV is administered by the United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) and reports to the UNDP/UNFPA/UNOPS Executive Board.
International UN Volunteers support local volunteer initiatives, strengthen community capacities, foster ownership and sustainability of development activities and contribute toward the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
International UN Volunteer assignments are usually an initial contract of 6 to 12 months, sometimes with a possibility to extend for one to two years. Short-term assignments of three months or less are also requested from time to time by their partners.
Allowances : The following allowances are provided for the volunteers :
Living allowance: a monthly allowance intended to cover basic living expenses but this is salary.
Travel expenses: for travel to duty station upon appointment and for repatriation at the end of the assignment
Settling-in-grant: a grant calculated on the duration of the assignment, paid at the beginning of the assignment
Insurances: life, health, and permanent disability insurance and annual leave.
Resettlement allowance: calculated based on the duration of the assignment, paid upon satisfactory completion of the assignment.
You May Like The Below Article As Well :
Amazing Boy with IQ Score 142 at just 3!
Eligibilities : The minimum requirements to serve as an international UN Volunteer are:
1. 25 years old and older (no upper age limit)
2. university degree or higher technical diploma
3. at least two years of relevant work experience in a professional background
4. good working knowledge of at least one of UNV’s three working languages: English, French or Spanish
5. commitment to the values and principles of volunteerism
6. ability to work in a multicultural environment
7. willingness to work with people and local organizations to draw upon the synergies between expert solutions and local knowledge
8. ability to adjust in difficult living conditions and sometimes remote locations
9. strong interpersonal and organizational skills
10. prior volunteering and/or working experience in a developing country is an asset
Eligible Regions : People from any region or country including Bangladesh are eligible to apply for the program.
For further details regarding relevant information and application, interested individuals are asked to visit the below two link at : 1. www.youthop.com
Comments are closed.