Applications are invited from qualified individuals for National Institute of Biotechnology Research Fellowship for finance year 2021-2022. The last date to apply in prescribed form is May 25, 2021.
National Institute of Biotechnology (NIB) is a state-owned agency under the Ministry of Science and Technology, the government of Bangladesh.
Fellowship in Numbers : There are three fellowships on offer for the year. One is Post-Doctoral Fellowship and the other two is Post-Graduate Fellowship.
Requirements : Aspiring individuals need to demonstrate the following qualities for the two fellowships respectively :
For Post-Doctoral Fellow :
- PhD degree in biotechnology-related subject from known university.
- At least 3 first class/division/equivalent grade in board or university examinations. No third class or division is acceptable.
- At least having 1 (one) scientific article published in renowned national or international journals as first author at PhD level study.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship Amount : Selected candidates will receive a total of Tk. 1 lakh twenty thousands (1,20,000) as two annual festival bonus including monthly allowance of Tk. sixty thousands (60,000) lump-sum.
To note, initially the duration of Post-Doctoral Fellowship awards is just one year with scope of being extended up to two years pending assessment by relevant authorities.
Requirements for Post-Graduate Fellowship :
- Having MS/MSC degree or being MS/MSC student or MPhil student in Bi-technology subject.
2. For MS/MSC degree holder and MPhil students, minimum 3 first class/division/equivalent results.
3. For MS/MSC students, having min 2 first class/division/equivalent results. No third class or division is acceptable.
Post-Graduate Fellowship Amount : Selected candidates will get a total of Tk. fifty thousands (50,000) as two annual festival bonus including monthly allowance of Tk. twenty five thousands (25,000) lump-sum.
To note, initially the duration of Post-Graduate Fellowship awards is just six month for selected MS/MSC student applicants while for selected MS/MSC degree holder or MPhil student candidates, the period is one (1) year initially with scope of being extended up to one year pending assessment by relevant authorities.
Common Requirements : For Post-Doctoral Fellowship, age being nor over 40 on application submission date while for Post-Graduate Fellowship, it is not over 30.
Application Form Link : Interested individuals can collect or download the research fellowship application form from the website of the institute which is :
Application Process : Filled-up application form needs to be submitted by registered post or in-person along with the following things :
- Certificates of all educational qualifications.
- Attested copies of Mark sheet or grade point.
- Three copies of passport size photograph.
- Plus bank draft or pay order of Tk. 1000 for post-doctoral fellowship and Tk. 500 for post-graduate fellowship.
Application Destination : Application forms along with all required papers needs to be submitted to the following address at :
Director General (additional duty),
National Institute of Biotechnology,
Ganakbari, Ashulia, Savar, Dhaka-1349.
Necessary Link : Lists of primarily selected persons for interview and finally selected ones for fellowships will be made available at the following link as well :
Attention : For further details on the fellowship, please see the NIB Research Fellowship Circular in the below image :
National Institute of Biotechnology Research Fellowship Circular 2021-2022 :