Applications are invited from qualified individuals for National Institute of Biotechnology Research Fellowship for finance year 2021-2022. The last date to apply in prescribed form is June 9, 2021.
Urgent Note :
It should be noted that as per the earlier circular published on April 20, 2021, the total number of fellowship on offer was just 3 (one for Post-Doctoral Fellowship and 2 for Post-Graduate Fellowship. But according to new circular published on May 20, the number of fellowship in total is 21 (7 for Post-Doctoral Fellowship and 14 for Post-Doctoral Fellowship).
Those who applied already as per the earlier circular need not apply again. For details, see the latest NIB circular provided at the end of this article along with the earlier one.
National Institute of Biotechnology (NIB) is a state-owned agency under the Ministry of Science and Technology, the government of Bangladesh.
Fellowship in Numbers : There are 21 fellowships in total on offer for the year. Of them, the number of Post-Doctoral Fellowship is 7 while that of Post-Graduate Fellowship is 14.
Requirements : Aspiring individuals need to demonstrate the following qualities for the two fellowships respectively :
For Post-Doctoral Fellow :
- PhD degree in biotechnology-related subject from known university.
- At least 3 first class/division/equivalent grade in board or university examinations. No third class or division is acceptable.
- At least having 1 (one) scientific article published in renowned national or international journals as first author at PhD level study.
Post-Doctoral Fellowship Amount : Selected candidates will receive a total of Tk. 1 lakh twenty thousands (1,20,000) as two annual festival bonus including monthly allowance of Tk. sixty thousands (60,000) lump-sum.
To note, initially the duration of Post-Doctoral Fellowship awards is just one year with scope of being extended up to two years pending assessment by relevant authorities.
Requirements for Post-Graduate Fellowship :
- Having MS/MSC degree or being MS/MSC student or MPhil student in Bi-technology subject.
2. For MS/MSC degree holder and MPhil students, minimum 3 first class/division/equivalent results.
3. For MS/MSC students, having min 2 first class/division/equivalent results. No third class or division is acceptable.
Post-Graduate Fellowship Amount : Selected candidates will get a total of Tk. fifty thousands (50,000) as two annual festival bonus including monthly allowance of Tk. twenty five thousands (25,000) lump-sum.
To note, initially the duration of Post-Graduate Fellowship awards is just six month for selected MS/MSC student applicants while for selected MS/MSC degree holder or MPhil student candidates, the period is one (1) year initially with scope of being extended up to one year pending assessment by relevant authorities.
Common Requirements : For Post-Doctoral Fellowship, age being nor over 40 on application submission date while for Post-Graduate Fellowship, it is not over 30.
Application Form Link : Interested individuals can collect or download the research fellowship application form from the website of the institute which is :
Application Process : Filled-up application form needs to be submitted by registered post or in-person along with the following things :
- Certificates of all educational qualifications.
- Attested copies of Mark sheet or grade point.
- Three copies of passport size photograph.
- Plus bank draft or pay order of Tk. 1000 for post-doctoral fellowship and Tk. 500 for post-graduate fellowship.
Application Destination : Application forms along with all required papers needs to be submitted to the following address at :
Director General (additional duty),
National Institute of Biotechnology,
Ganakbari, Ashulia, Savar, Dhaka-1349.
Necessary Link : Lists of primarily selected persons for interview and finally selected ones for fellowships will be made available at the following link as well :
Attention : For further details on the fellowship, please see the NIB Research Fellowship Circular in the below image :
National Institute of Biotechnology Research Fellowship Circular (New) 2021-2022 :
National Institute of Biotechnology Research Fellowship Circular (earlier) 2021-2022 :
Comments are closed.