Bangladesh Navy issues a circular to recruit individuals as Cadet Officer under 2022 First Group with application deadline being May 20, 2021.
Application Eligibilities : Aspirants, expected to join Bangladesh Navy as Ship Captains, Aircraft Pilots, Naval Commandoes and Submariners, need to demonstrate the following qualities, among others, to be eligible for application :
- Age being 16 years and a half as of January 1, 2022. But for those involved in Armed Forces Services, it is between 18 to 23 years.
- For male, height is 162.5 centimeters (5 feet 4 inches). But it is 157.48 centimeters ( 5 feet 2 inches) for female candidates.
- For male, weight is min 50 KGs and 47 KGs for female.
- CGPA Min 4.5 in SSC and HSC or their equivalent exams in Science Group with GPA min 4.0 in Mathematics and Physics in both the exams. To note, this educational requirement is applicable also for the aspirants currently with Armed Forces Services in the Country.
- For English Medium candidates, min ‘A’ Grade in at least 3 subjects and min ‘B’ Grade in at least 2 subjects among 6 subjects in ‘O’ level exam. And in ‘A’ level exam, min ‘B’ Grade in at least 2 subjects. Applicants must have Mathematics and Physics as subjects in both the exams.
- Unmarried, applicable for male and female candidates.
- Must be Bangladeshi citizen by birth.
Urgent Note : Those expected to appear in HSC or its equivalent exams 2021 are also eligible to apply. But they have to show the result of the exams before joining the services upon being qualified.
Disqualifications : Those having the following characters will be auto disqualified for application :
- Sacked or dismissed from any services of Army, Navy and Air Force or any level of government job.
- Convicted by any level of court.
- Disqualified by Appellate Medical Board of Army, Navy & Air Force.
Selection Process : Selection of prospective cadet officers will be made by several steps which are discussed below in line with the Navy Cadet Officer Recruitment Circular (2022, first group) :
- Primary Health Screening & Initial Interview : Primary health check-ups and interview of the candidates will be held from 6 to 10 June, 2021 (subject to change) at specified Dhaka, Chattagram and Khulna Centers.
- Written Test : Those selected from primary stage will appear in Written Test which will be taken on the subjects of English, General Knowledge and IQ. The test is scheduled to be held on June 11, 2021.
To note, other steps of selection like ISSB Test and Interview, Final Medical Test etc. will take place on specified dates to be announced in due course of time.
Joining Date : As Officer Cadets, finally selected candidates are expected to join Bangladesh Naval Academy, situated at Patenga, Chattagram, in the first week of January 2022.
How to Apply : Aspirants need to make application online through the following link at :
Application Fee : The fee for online application is Tk. 700 (without Service Charge) which needs to be deposited by any specified payment channels. For details, see the circular in the following image.
Attention : For any further information regarding details application procedure & qualifications and others, interested individuals can see the Navy Cadet Officer Circular 2022 First Group in the below image :
Bangladesh Navy Cadet Officer Circular (2022, First Group) :