Indonesian government’s Arts and Culture Scholarship (IACS) program 2020 is now open, with the last date to apply being this February 14. The scholarship has been provided since 2003, subsequently its coverage widened and now has been awarded to 920 alumni from 77 countries.
The program is a non-degree and will be lasted for three months. During the program, awardees will be evenly divided into 6 (six) groups where each group will be placed by the organizing committee to different art centers located in 6 (six) provinces, namely: Bali; West Sumatra; East Kalimantan; East Java; South Sulawesi and Yogyakarta.
Awardees will live within or close to the arts center, allowing for the chance to experience the local heritage and interact with the local community.
Period of the scholarship : The duration of the scholarship program is a period of 3 months, starting on 2 May till 15 August 2020.
Benefits attached to the scholarship : The scholarship will be offering the following benefits to the recipients :
1. Tuition fee (including extra-curricular activities).
2. A round trip economy class ticket.
3. Accommodation (board and lodging).
4. Local transportation during the program.
5. Health insurance (limited). All awardees are advised to have their own health insurance.
6. Monthly allowance of Rp. 2,000,000.
You May Like The Below Story Also :
Eligibilities for the scholarship : Prospective individuals need to have the following qualities and requirements to be considered for the scholarship :
1. Candidates should be single, aged between 21 to 27 years old with at least a high school diploma.
2. Should possess high interest and talent in the arts. Arts students or those with an academic history on Indonesian culture are encouraged to apply.
3. Candidates are highly advised to ensure prime physical condition, particularly for female candidates to ensure that they do not conceive prior to and during the program.
4. Must follow the whole program, including orientation program and Indonesian Channel.
5. Must complete the application form (attached with the official link) and submit it with particulars as mentioned in the official link.
6. Basic skill in English is compulsory.
Eligible Regions : People from the following regions or alliances are eligible to apply for the scholarship : ASEAN, ASEAN+3, East Asia Summit, ASEAN Dialog Partners, ASEAN + European Union, Asia Pacific Economic Cooperation, Asia-Europe Meeting, Africa Region, Melanesian Spearhead Group and members of South West Pacific Dialog.
Application Process : Interested persons need to apply online using the below official link :
To note, for foreign applicants, the filled up application form must be sent to the Embassy/Consulate General of Indonesia in respective countries. The applications should be received by the Indonesian Embassies/Consulates on or before 14 February 2020 for the initial selection process.
For further details, interested individuals are asked to visit the link at www.youthop.com