Applications are invited from children of Freedom Fighters for Indian government funded ‘New Bangladesh-India Friendship Scholarship Scheme’ 2021-22. Application process gets underway from August 1 and will continue until August 31, 2021.
The scholarships, provided by the Ministry of Liberation War Affairs & financed by Indian Government, is on offer for children and grandchildren of freedom fighters, who are now in study at Higher Secondary Education (HSC or its equivalent) and Undergraduate level.
Application Process : Interested and eligible students can collect application forms and all other information at the website of Ministry of Liberation War Affairs, Bangladesh Government :
Note : Application form must be filled up in English.
Scholarship Details : According to the circular, 1000 (1k) students each at Higher Secondary level and Undergraduate level of study will receive the friendship scholarships implemented by Ministry of Liberation War Affairs, Bangladesh and Indian High Commission to Dhaka.
The scholarship amount is Tk. 50,000 (50k) for each selected undergraduate level student while it is Tk. 20,000 for each HSC level student qualified for the scholarship. The amount will be provided just for a single time.
Eligibilities : Aspirants need to meet the following qualities to be eligible for application :
- For students at undergraduate level, HSC or equivalent exam passing year must be in between 2018-2021 and GPA in both SSC and HSC or their equivalent level examinations minimum 3.0. To note, those who passed HSC or equivalent exam before 2018 are ineligible for application.
- For students at Higher Secondary level, SSC or equivalent exam passing year must be over the period of 2020-2021 and GPA minimum 3.0 in the exam. It should be noted that those who passed SSC before 2020 are not eligible to apply.
Other Requirements : Aspirants need to maintain the following conditions, among others, as well :
- Those who already enjoyed the scholarship at HSC and Undergraduate level are not eligible for application. But those who are now in study at undergraduate level after receiving the scholarship at HSC level are eligible to apply for application.
2. Having active account number with any banks in the country and bank statements must be submitted with Bank Routing Number.
Papers To Submit : Applicants need to submit the following documents or things, among others, along with application form :
- One passport size fresh color photographs.
- Guardian’s monthly income certificate attested or signed by Union Parishad Chairman/Municipality Mayor/City Corporation Commissioner/UNO/First Class Gazetted Officer.
- Certificate, issued by Ministry of Liberation War Affairs and available at the ministry website, in support of being son/daughter/nephew/niece of freedom fighter.
- Attested copies of mark-sheets of SSC and HSC or their equivalent examinations.
- Attested copies of National ID Cards or Birth Certificates.
Attention : For any further information, one needs to see the ‘New Bangladesh-India Friendship Freedom Fighter Children Scholarship Scheme’ Circular for Finance Year 2021-22 in the below image :