Planet Desk | 02 February 2020 | 1:03 pm
1. Who is Qatar’s new Prime Minister?
Ans : Sheikh Khalid bin Khalifa bin Abdulaziz Al Thani
2. What’s the familiar name of the deadly virus that originated in Wuhan, China and claimed lives of 304 people so far (Feb 2) in the country alone?
Ans : 2019-nCoV.
3. How many persons have been awarded India’s fourth highest civilian award Padma Shri this year?
Ans : 141 persons.
4. Who is Iraq’s new Prime Minister?
Ans : Mohammed Tawfiq Allawi.
5. Who has won Women’s singles title at Australian Open this year?
Ans : American Sofia Kenin (21). This is her first Grand Slam title win.
You May Like To Read The Below Item :
6. US President Donald Trump on January 31 has expanded his travel ban to include six new countries. Who are these?
Ans : Nigeria, Eritrea, Myanmar, Kyrgyzstan, Sudan and Tanzania. Earlier in 2018, US travel ban was placed on 7 nations who are Iran, Libya, Somalia, Syria, Yemen, Venezuela and North Korea. So the total numbers of countries placed under the travel ban are now 13.
7. According to Henley Passport Index 2020, where is Bangladesh placed on the list of most powerful passports with visa free access to how many territories?
Ans : 98th. The country gets a position up in 2020 from last year at 99th.
8. Who has won Men’s Singles title at Australian Open this year?
Ans : Novak Djokovic. This Serbian star has won his eighth Australian Open crown with the total Grand Slam to him basket being 17th.