USA Humphrey Fellowship Program 2022 : Application Deadline July 3
Applications are now open for the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program for academic year 2022-2023. The deadline for submission of completed applications is July 3, 2021. The fellowship offers professionals to do one year non-degree program in the USA.
The Public Affairs Section of the U. S. Embassy in Dhaka has recently made an announcement regarding the fellowship inviting application from professional candidates both in the public and private sectors, including from non-governmental organizations.
Brief Introduction of Humphrey Fellowship :
The Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program is one of the U.S. government’s prestigious Fulbright program that brings accomplished young and mid-career professionals to the United States for a year of non-degree graduate-level study, leadership development, and substantive professional collaboration with U.S. counterparts. By providing future leaders and policy makers with exposure to U.S. society, culture, and professional fields, the program provides a basis for lasting, productive ties between Americans and their professional counterparts overseas.
The Humphrey Fulbright Fellowship Program was launched in 1978 to honor the memory and accomplishments of the late US Senator and Vice President, Hubert H. Humphrey.
Eligible Fields/Sectors : The fellowship will be offered to professionals with career in the following fields or sectors :
Human and Institutional Capacity : Economic Development, Public Policy Analysis and Public Administration and Human Resource Management.
Rights & Freedoms : Communications and Journalism, International Religious Freedom, Law and Human Rights
and Trafficking in Persons Policy & Prevention.
Sustainable Lands : Agricultural and Rural Development, Natural Resources, Environmental Policy and Climate Change, Urban and Regional Planning.
Thriving Communities : Contagious and Infectious Diseases, Public Health Policy and Management, HIV&AIDS, Policy and Prevention, Substance Abuse Education, Treatment and Prevention, Educational Administration, Planning, and Policy, Higher Education Administration and Teaching English as a Foreign Language.
Eligibility : Aspirants need to demonstrate the following criteria to be eligible for application for Humphrey Fellowship Program :
- Being a Bangladeshi citizen and residing in Bangladesh at the time of the application and the selection process.
- Not being a dual (Bangladesh & U.S.) citizen or U.S. permanent resident.
- Being a young, mid-career professional in leadership position who has demonstrated a commitment to public service and the potential for professional advancement.
- Recent university graduates are not eligible.
- Having done a university degree program requiring at least four years of full-time study.
- Having a minimum of five years full-time professional experience (prior to August 2022) in the relevant field, after completing a university degree, and should be interested in the policy aspects of their field of specialization.
- Cannot be university teachers or academic researchers with no management responsibilities (except in the fields of Substance Abuse Education, Prevention, and Treatment and Teaching of English as a Foreign Language).
- Cannot have attended a graduate school in the United States for one academic year or more seven years prior to August 2022.
- Cannot have U.S. experience of any kind lasting more than six months during the five years prior to August 2022.
- Being proficient in both written and spoken English and should normally have a minimum TOEFL score of 525 (paper based) or 71 (internet-based). Candidates who do not have a valid TOEFL score must sit for the TOEFL exam after the selection process. (The American Center will arrange TOEFL exam for selected candidates only. Exceptionally promising candidates with lower scores may be nominated for the Long-Term English (LTE) training.)
- Should demonstrate the required experience, skills, and commitment while also indicating how they can benefit from this program in ways that they have not experienced previously and are not likely to experience without the Humphrey Program.
- Being in good health; successful candidates will be requested to complete a medical examination.
- Willing to return to Bangladesh upon completion of the program.
Application Process : To apply, interested and qualified individuals need to use the following link at : https://apply.iie.org/huberthhumphrey.
Necessary Link : For more information about the Humphrey Fellowship Program, one need to visit the following website at :
Urgent Note : An applicant must first create an IIE account before s/he can access the Hubert H. Humphrey Fellowship Program application. Applicants can use this account to log into the system throughout the application process. Applicants can save the application and return to it before submitting it. Applicants must read all instructions carefully. Keeping in mind the word limits, candidates should try to answer each essay question as fully as possible with clarity and the required information.
Contact : For any more information regarding any aspects of the Humphrey Fellowship Program, individuals are asked to make contacts with Professional Exchange Program Manager Ms. Syeda Kashfi Chowdhury at the address [email protected].