1. Who has won UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award 2019?
Ans : Virgil Van Dijk. This Dutch defender plays for English football club Liverpool. He has also been awarded with the ‘UEFA Defender of the Year’ award at an event held in Monaco, France on 29 August.
2. Who is new Chinese Ambassador to Bangladesh?
Ans : Li Jiming.
3. Who is set to be new cabinet secretary of the government of Bangladesh?
Ans : Khandker Anwarul Islam. He will take the new role from November 1, 2019 as the 22nd cabinet secretary of the government.
4. Who has been appointed as the new commissioner of Dhaka Metropolitan Police?
Ans : AIG Md. Shafiqul Islam.
5. Where is ICC 4th edition Women’s T20 World Cup Qualifier being held in now?
Ans : Scotland. 8 countries including Bangladesh are taking part in the tournament in the run up to the 7th edition of the ICC T-20 World Cup to be held in Australia in Feb to March 2020.
6. Where is Bangladesh’s first aviation and aerospace university being set up?
Ans : Lalmonirhat. The name of it is Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Aviation & Aerospace University whose academic activities is likely to start from January next year.
7. According to the Economist Intelligence Unit EIU’s safe cities index 2019, which city in the world is the most safest?
Ans : Tokyo. The four other cities placed in the top five on the index are Singapore (2nd), Osaka (3rd), Amsterdam (4th) and Sydney (5th).
8. As per the EIU’s safe cities index 2019, where is Dhaka, the capital of Bangladesh, placed among 60 countries considered for the rankings?
Ans : 5th from the bottom. That means Dhaka is the 5th least safe city globally. But the city has moved two spots up from last year’s index.
9. Which city in the world is the least safe meaning placed at the bottom of the rankings, as per the index?
Ans : Lagos, Nigeria.
10. Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 29th August launched a fitness movement to encourage his countrymen make fitness a part of daily routine. What’s the name of the movement?
Ans : Fir India Movement.