First year BDS Course (Dental) Admission Test for academic year 2020-2021 has been delayed to June 11, 2021, says a notice from Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS). According to the earlier circular, the admission test was scheduled to be held on May 30.
The authority has taken the decision to delay the admission test due to the existing Covid-19 situation in the country, added the notice.
DGHS Notice : Please see the DGHS notice that announces the delay of Dental Admission Test in the below image :
Admission Test Method : Dental admission test will take place based on 100 marks MCQ Questions. Of the marks, 30 for Biology, 25 for Chemistry, 20 for Physics, 15 for English and 10 for General Knowledge : Bangladesh History & Liberation War.
To note, every negative answer will carry 0.25 mark reduction. And the pass mark in the test is minimum 40.
Admit Card Download : Applicants will be able to download their Admit Cards from April 24 through 26.
Admission Test Time : BDS Course Admission Test for academic year 2020-2021 is scheduled to take place from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. on June 11, 2021.
The first year BDS (Dental) course application process for academic year 2020-2021 begun March 27 and went on till April 15, 2021.
Application Requirements : Aspiring students need to meet the following conditions to be eligible for application :
- Having passed SSC or equivalent exams in 2017 or 2018 and HSC or equivalent exams in 2019 or 2020 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- Having SSC or equivalent and HSC or its equivalent combined GPA min 9.00.
- For tribal and non-tribal Hill Tracts candidates, Combined GPA must be min 8.00. But min GPA must be 3.5 in either SSC or HSC.
- For all level of candidates, GPA in the subject of Biology must be min 3.50.
- Those who passed SSC or equivalent before the year of 2017 are not eligible for Application.
BDS Course Admission Circular 2020-2021 :