Application is now open for Commonwealth Shared Scholarships (CSC) 2021-2022 to pursue full time Master’s study at higher education institutions in the UK. The last date to apply online is this April 9, 2021.
The CSC, jointly funded by the CSC and participating UK universities, aims to identify talented individuals who have the potential to make the change.
CSC on Offer Under 6 Themes : The CSC is on offer under the following 6 themes : 1. Science and technology for development 2. Strengthening health systems and capacity 3. Promoting global prosperity 4. Strengthening global peace, security and governance 5. Strengthening resilience and response to crises and 6. Access, inclusion and opportunity.
Benefits of CSC : The scholarship covers the following things :
1. Tuition Fees, Airfares, and personal maintenance.
2. Approved airfare from your home country to the UK and return at the end of the award
3. Stipend (living allowance).
4. Warm clothing allowance, where applicable – paid and funded by the university.
5. Thesis grant towards the cost of preparing a thesis or dissertation, where applicable.
6. Study travel grant towards the costs of study-related travel within the UK or overseas
7. Excess baggage allowance, up to an annual approved limit, when returning home.
8. Reimbursement of the cost of mandatory tuberculosis (TB) test, where required for a visa application (receipts must be supplied)
Eligibilities : Aspirants need to meet the following conditions to be eligible to apply for the scholarship :
1. Being a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person.
2. Being permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country.
3. Being available to start academic studies in the UK, or remotely if required, by the start of the UK academic year in September/October 2021.
4. By September 2020, holding a first degree of at least upper second class (2:1) standard, or a second class degree and a relevant postgraduate qualification (usually a Master’s degree).
5. Not have studied or worked for one (academic) year or more in a high-income country
6. Being unable to afford to study at a UK university without this scholarship.
Eligible Regions : Candidates from the following countries are eligible to apply for the scholarship consideration : Bangladesh, Cameroon, Eswatini, Ghana, India, Kenya, Kiribati, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Nigeria, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Rwanda, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Tanzania, The Gambia, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu and Zambia.
Application Process : All application must be made via official online application system, in addition to any other application that you are required to complete by applicant’s chosen university.
To note, one can apply for more than one course and/or to more than one university, but he or she may only accept one offer of a Shared Scholarship.
How to Apply : Application for the scholarship must be made through the following official link :
Query Link : For any further queries on the scholarship or application process, one can contact by sending mail to the following address : https://cscuk.fcdo.gov.uk/about-us/contact-us/
Necessary Link : For more information on the scholarship itself, interested individuals can surf the below link as well :