Applications are underway from international students for UK’s Chevening Scholarships 2022-23 to study one-year master’s program. The scholarship is open to all including Bangladeshis and the deadline to apply is November 2, 2021. To note, some Chevening Fellowships are also open for applications.
Chevening, funded by the UK’s Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office and partner organizations, is the UK government’s international scholarships program. It is a fully funded program which offers awards to study in the UK for one year on a fully funded master’s degree course.
Benefits of Chevening Scholarship : A Chevening Scholarship normally covers the following things :
University tuition fees, a monthly stipend, Travel costs to and from the UK, an arrival allowance, a homeward departure allowance, cost of one visa application, a travel grant to attend Chevening events in the UK.
Eligibilities : Aspirants need to hold the following qualities to be eligible for application :
- Being a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Willing to return to your (candidate’s) country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
- Having completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate program at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honors degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Having at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience. Eligible types of work experience are : Full-time employment, Part-time employment, Voluntary work and Paid or unpaid internships. It should be noted that work experience can be completed before, during, or after graduating from your undergraduate studies, however, any mandatory employment that counted towards your undergraduate or postgraduate course would not be eligible.
- Having applied to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 14 July 2022.
Disqualifications : One will not be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship if he or she has the followings :
- Holding British or dual British citizenship (unless you are a citizen of a British Overseas Territory or hold BN(O) and are applying from Hong Kong).
- Having refugee status in a non-Chevening eligible country. Applicants who are citizens of a Chevening-eligible country and who hold refugee status in a Chevening-eligible country are eligible for a scholarship.
- Are an employee, a former employee, or relative* of an employee of Her Majesty’s Government, or have been within the last two years from the opening of Chevening applications (including British embassies/high commissions; the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy; Department for International Trade; the Ministry of Defence; and the Home Office), or a staff member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities.
- Employees, former employees, or relatives of an employee of Chevening Partner organizations are eligible to apply, but if the employment took place within the last two years, you cannot receive a Chevening Partner Award from the organization from which you work, previously worked, or are affiliated with through relatives.
- Having previously studied in the UK with funding from a UK Government-funded scholarship.
Application Process : Applications for Chevening Scholarships to study in the UK are open between 3 August and 3 November 2021.
The process of selecting Chevening Scholars takes a minimum of eight months from the application deadline to when applicants are conditionally selected for an award. Below is an overview of the application and selection process :
- Applications for Chevening Awards can only be submitted using the Chevening online application system, available through the ‘Apply Now’ button on your country’s page.
- It is important to visit your individual country page at the official website for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Application Link : Interested individuals need to make application through the following official link at :
Official Link : To know more on the Chevening Scholarship programs, one can surf the below website :
Final Words : Successful Chevening candidates come from a diverse range of countries and backgrounds, but they all demonstrate the passion, vision and skills needed to shape a better world.
There are many benefits to being selected, including fully funded tuition fees, access to some of the best quality education in the world, exclusive networking opportunities, and the chance to explore the UK’s diverse culture. At the end of your scholarship, you’ll join the diverse community of over 50,000 global alumni.
You’ll return home equipped with the knowledge and networks to bring your ideas to life and thrive in your career.