Cadet College Admission Preparation 2021 : Current Affairs
Current Affairs of Bangladesh and the World is a part of the Cadet College Admission Exam Syllabus 2021.
Cadet College Admission 2021 Syllabus Link :
Well, in order to help candidates prepare for the test, we will produce regularly all important current information on the subject.
So candidates, please keep following us for all the updates on Bangladesh & Global Affairs. See the following QAs :
1. How long is the under-construction Padma Bridge, affectionately called ‘Dream Bridge’ in the country?
Ans : 6.15 Kilometers. Once completed, it will be the longest bridge in Bangladesh.
2. Who has been named Time Magazine’s first-ever ‘Kid of the Year’ this year?
Ans : Gitanjali Rao (15). She is an Indian-American young inventor and scientist who lives in Colorado, USA.
3. Who is Time Magazine’s ‘Person of the Year’ 2020?
Ans : USA President-elect Joe Biden and Vice-President-elect Kamala Harris. Upon oath taking, Biden will be the 46th President and Kamala 49 Vice-President of the USA.
4. Where was the 15th G20 Summit this year held?
Ans : Riyadh, the capital city of Saudi Arabia. This year the summit was held virtually due to the novel coronavirus pandemic.
5. Who has won the Booker Prize 2020?
Ans : Douglas Stuart. This Scottish-American author, NY based fashion designer as a profession, won the award for his novel ‘Shuggie Bain’. This is his first novel.
6. Who have won Indian Premier League (IPL) 2020 tournament?
Ans : Mumbai Indians. This is their 5th IPL title. This year 13th season of the tournament held from September 19 to November 10.
7. Which country in Africa region is Russia building a permanent naval base?
Ans : Sudan.
8. Who is the current foreign minister of New Zealand?
Ans : Nanaia Mahuta. She is the first indigenous female foreign minister of the country.
9. What’s the name of Covid-19 taskforce formed by the Trump Administration?
Ans : Operation Warp Speed.
10. Who is set to become the new USA Secretary of State?
Ans : Antony Blinken (58).
11. Which country has recently (October 2020) legalized ‘Euthanasia’ or assisted suicide for terminally ill people?
Ans : New Zealand.
12. What is the name of unmanned probe that China on November 25 launched to the Moon to collect rocks from the earth’s sole sub-planet?
Ans : Chang’e-5, named after an ancient Chinese Moon Goddess.
13. Who is the new Archbishop of Dhaka?
Ans : Bejoy N D’ Cruize, succeeding Cardinal Patrick D Rozario.
14. What’s the lifespan of Argentine football legend Diego Armando Maradona?
Ans : October 30, 1960 to November 25, 2020.
15. What’s the name of the country that Bangladesh has recently (6 December, 2020) signed a Preferential Trade Agreement with?
Ans : Bhutan.
16. What position has Bangladesh secured in the Global Knowledge Index (GKI) 2020 produced jointly by United Nations Development Programme and Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum Knowledge Foundation in the UAE?
Ans : 112th out of 138 countries. Switzerland tops the index followed by the USA and Finland. This index is published annually since 2017.
17. Which UN Agency has decided to establish an international award in honor of the father of the nation Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman?
Ans : UNESCO. The name of the prize is ‘UNESCO-Bangladesh Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman International Prize in the field of Creative Economy’.
Attention : Cadet College Admission 2021 Circular Link :
18. Who is the most powerful women in the world now according to Forbes Magazine’s 2020 list?
Ans : German Chancellor Angela Merkel. She takes top spot for 10th time in a row.
19. What spot has Bangladesh Prime Minister Sheikh Hasina secured in the Forbes 100 Most powerful women list 2020?
Ans : 39th.
20. Who is the new chairman of Bangladesh Telecommunication Regulatory Commission (BTRC)?
Ans : Shyam Sunder Sikder.
21. Who has won the best men’s Footballer prize at the Best FIFA Football Awards 2020 held in Zurich, Germany?
Ans : Bayern Munich’s Robert Lewandowski (32).
22. Who has won the best women’s footballer Award 2020 by FIFA?
Ans : Manchester City defender Lucy Bronze.
23. Who has been named as the best men’s coach by FIFA the year of 2020?
Ans : Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp. He won the prize for the second successive year now.
24. What position has Bangladesh been ranked in the Human Development Index 2020 made by United Nations Development Programmes (UNDP)?
Ans : 133. 189 countries are placed in the index.
25. Which country has taken the top spot in the UNDP’s Human Development Index 2020?
Ans : Norway. The other top two countries are Ireland (2nd) and Switzerland (3rd).
26. Who has been named as ‘Best Male Player of The Decade’ (2011-2020) by International Cricket Council ICC?
Ans : Virat Kohli. This Indian cricketer has also bagged the ‘Best ODI Player of The Decade’ Award.
27. Which cricketer has bagged the International Cricket Council ‘Best Female Player of The Decade’ award announced on December 28, 2020?
Ans : Ellyse Perry (Australian all rounder).
28. Who has won the ‘Best Test Player of The Decade’ award given by the International Cricket Council?
Ans : Steve Smith (Australian).
29. Who has won ‘Player of the Century Awards’ given by Dubai Globe Soccer Awards 2020?
Ans : Cristiano Ronaldo.