BUET Admission Circular 2021 : Application Deadline May 3
Admission Test Scheduled To Be Held On June 10
First year honors admission circular of Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology (BUET) for year 2020-2021 has been published with application deadline being extended to May 3, 2021.
Urgent Notice : According to the circular, the last time to make application was 3 p.m. April 3. But due to the existing Covid-19 related situation in the country, the deadline of application has been stretched by 9 days till May 3, says a notice issued on the BUET website by the authority.
Aspirants will be required to first sit for preliminary style selection exam, leading to successful candidates being eligible to appear in final test, scheduled to be held June 10.
As per the admission circular, there are 1,215 seats in total under all departments available at BUET, the top engineering education provider in the country. Of all the seats, 4 seats, 3 for all departments including Urban & Regional Planning Department and 1 for Department of Architecture, are reserved for minority tribal group candidates.
Requirements : Aspirants need to demonstrate the following qualities to be eligible for application :
1. Minimum GPA 4.0 out of 5.0 in SSC or its equivalent exams with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry from any General Education Board, Madrasa Education Board or Technical Education Board.
2. Minimum GPA 5.0 out of 5.0 in HSC or its equivalent exams with the three subjects registration—Physics, Mathematics and Chemistry.
3. Minimum 270 marks out of 300 in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry combined in SSC or its equivalent exams. For degree from foreign education board, applicants need to have equivalent grade or marks secured.
4. For students who passed SSC or its equivalent exams in 2017 and HSC or its equivalent exams in 2019 but their HSC or equivalent exam re-assessment result got published after September 10, 2019 from concerned board, they need to have minimum 480 marks out of 600 in three subjects—Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry—in HSC or equivalent exams.
5. For GCE O-level & GCE A-level students, they have to show minimum ‘B’ grade in at least 5 subjects each including Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry and English in GCE O-level exam. And minimum ‘A’ grade in Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry each in GCE-A-level exams in order to be eligible to sit for primary selection test.
Special Notes For Tribal and English Medium Candidates :
- All GCE O-level and GCE A-level candidates having results in hand, meeting all primary requirements and having applied properly will be allowed to appear in Primary Selection Test.
- All minority tribal candidates who applied properly fulfilling all basic requirements will also be permitted to attend the Primary Selection Test.
How Many Students To Sit For Primary Selection Test?
According to the BUET Admission circular, a total of 24 thousand (24,000) students out of all proper applicants will be allowed to sit for the Primary Selection Test. They will be selected based on their secured combined marks in the subjects of Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry in SSC or its equivalent, obtained marks in Mathematics and Physics on chronological order.
Primary Selection Test Date :
The preliminary selection exam will be held on May 31 and June 1. The selection test will be held in 4 shifts with eligible applicants being split into them based on statistical methods.
Selection Test Method : The exam will be of 100 marks MCQ type one. There will be 25 percent negative marking for every incorrect answer according to marks allocated for each question.
Urgent Note : In total 6000 students (1500 from each shift) selected based on merit in line with Primary Selection Test will be qualified to sit for Fnal Admission Test. The list.
Application Period : Online application process has begun from 10 a.m. April 15. The process will continue till 3 p.m. May 3, 2021.
Application Link : Application must be made online through the following website at : http://www.buet.ac.bd
Application Fee : The amount of application fees varies according to groups—Ka & Kha.
For ‘Ka’ group (Engineering Departments and Urban & Regional Planning Department), the fee is Tk.1000 only. And for ‘Kha’ group (Engineering, Urban & Regional Planning and Architecture Departments), it is Tk.1200 only.
The fee can be deposited by any of the following means—Sonali Bank Online Portal, Sonali Bank Sonali eSheba Mobile App, Nagad, Rocket, NexusPay or Bkash Mobile/Online Banking.
To note, the last time to deposit application fee is 3 p.m. May 3.
Final Admission Test Date : As mentioned earlier, the final admission test is scheduled to be held on June 10, 2021 in two modules—A & B.
Test Timing for Module A (Mathematics, Physics & Chemistry, applicable for both Ka & Kha group) : 10 a.m. to 12 noon. And test timing for Module B (Freehand Drawing and Visual-Spatial Intelligence) : 2 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.
To note, there will be no MCQ Type questions in Final Written Admission Test meaning the test will be held according to traditional or usual formula that the university is following for long now.
Urgent Note : In total 6000 students (1500 from each shift) selected based on merit from Primary Selection Test will be qualified to sit for Final Admission Test. The list of selected candidates will be made available on the university website on June 5.
Final Result Publication Date : The final written admission test result is set to be out on July 1, 2021 which will be available at the university website (http://www.buet.ac.bd).
Attention : For further details, see BUET Admission Circular 2021 provided at the end of this article :
A Brief Background On BUET Undergraduate Admission Process :
The quality of the undergraduate program of BUET is considered one of the best in Bangladesh. Every academic year students are admitted through a very competitive written admission test to various departments under 5 Faculties. Students are enrolled in B.Sc. Engineering program under the Faculties of Engineering, Civil Engineering, Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Mechanical Engineering.
On the other hand, students get admitted to Bachelor of Architecture and Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (Bachelor of URP) under the Faculty of Architecture and Planning. Only students with outstanding results in Higher Secondary Examination (HSC) or equivalent examinations can sit for the admission test.
The undergraduate admission committee sets the requirements to appear for the admission test.
Before each year’s admission, the admission requirements are published on the BUET website and in some national daily newspapers. The application process for undergraduate admission is conducted through an online system.
In the undergraduate admission test 2019, the written test was on Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics for admission to Engineering and URP. For admission to the Architecture department in 2019, applicants also had to appear in a freehand drawing test.
For academic year 2019-2021, there were 1060 seats in total in different departments for which some 12000 students took the admission test.
Contact : For any cooperation or help on online application form fill-up, students or their guardians can visit ‘Admission Wing of Registrar Office’ at BUET on any day except Fridays or holidays.
Necessary Link : For further information on how to apply, interested students can surf the below link :
N.B. : For any other information regarding application process, students can see BUET Admission Circular for academic year 2020-2021 in the below image :